View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 03:20 AM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Look. Guild activity is at a low right now. The only major guild that still has respectable activity is US. Ventrue is hit and miss, and beyond that I see very little.

The problem that I find right now is that "guild wars" have no actual way to end, and no reward to the winner. As far as I know, they haven't had either in the past. But really, why do I want to spend 3 hours (or more) bashing my s key when I don't get anything out of it?

The last war I was in, both guilds were declaring victory the entire time, especially when a large portion of the other guilds players were dead/idling. But really, how are we supposed to win? Does the guild with the nerdiest player win just b/c they can stay up later than anyone else? Does the guild with the most members online win? Does the guild who doesn't have all of its members dead for 1 second win?

Even if you find an excuse to declare "victory", you don't gain anything out of it. No tickets, no gelats, no prizes, no nothing. Sure you get some kills I guess, but last time I checked that doesn't buy you anything.

IMO each major guild needs to have a guildfort that is capture-able when three of its members are online. Obviously this wouldn't be perfect, as someone could just log off to stop an attack. But bases need to be assault-able when a solid number of potential defenders are online, bases need to be capture-able (maybe something like MoD or KoM), and guilds need to get rewarded in some way for capturing forts.

I don't know how all the details of such a plan would work, since there are many options for each part (assault, capture, and reward), but I do know that right now guilds have no incentive to war each other (IF they were online at all.) Until a system for winning and rewards is established, I feel that guild activity will remain at the current levels.

I'm sure there are other ideas how to solve this problem, but those are my thoughts.