View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 06:08 AM
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
An even bigger mistake would be leaving it unfixed
Wrong. It wouldn't be a bigger mistake. Maybe a mistake just as well. But definitely not bigger.
But if everyone has the same "advantage"... guess what? It's not an advantage anymore. Eventually everyone learns it and it becomes part of the game.

To be more clear, here's what's pissed me off in the past:
Years ago, alchemy equipment was done through the "random alchemy" process. I wasn't much into the game, so I still don't know how it was done. But apparently this was available for anyone to do. These items were constantly being made, and thus weren't too expensive (and would continue to drop in price).
Then one day Stefan made it so you could no longer make these items.
Once that happened, if you had these kind of items, it was wise to just hold on to them and watch the prices sky-rocket.
It took years before they fixed this problem. TBH, I'm still not sure it was fixed. Aren't there some elite items that still exist from those days? Making them very expensive...
Either way, it was very annoying during the years that this was a problem.
They should have never stopped random alchemy untill they designed the current stable recipe-based alchemy system.
The other option would be to remove all the items. But this would just be lazy and piss everyone off.

Edit:
What pissed me off in the more recent past is how many seemed to have reached unattainable levels (especially in physique) through the level-bug. Apparently these levels couldn't be realistically reached via the monsters existing in the game because after a while, the monsters give crap EXP. So it would take forever to get to those levels. The solution, I think, would be to make stronger monsters. Or you could always penalize those for abusing such a bug. But it's hard to say what's bug abuse, and what's just an unknown feature. So people got good exp by partying with low-levels... doesn't really sound too bad.
An obvious bug would be the fact that you could GAMBLE with the shop NPC's. Drop a few thousand plat. Cast alchemy spell. Raise your charm as high as possible. Sell the pile of gold nugs you just got. Get more money.... unless casting alchemy failed to give you gold nugs... then you just lost your plat x.x Good times....