View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 12:56 PM
Rediculously inactive
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Yeah, we've already been through this in the past. It didn't work out. Honestly, those jobs are just way too demanding for a few people to fill.

The only way I could see it working out is if the team consisted of 10-15 great graphic artists, with some type of requested graphic queue system, and the graphics would have to belong to the community to use on any playerworld.

It'd be even better if they had projects such as:
  • Brand New Tilesets w/ Different Themes (i.e. jungle, forest, urban, etc)
  • Custom Bodies
  • Sprite Sets (that fit the themes of the new tilesets)
  • Brand New GUIs
I'd say that it would be great if they could get a team like that, the only problem with it would be getting those graphic artists focused on there projects. Having "free-to-use" graphics shouldn't really be anything other then the essentials for a classic playerworld. The GGT would more be using some type of queue system for different playerworld creation requests, ranging on the time they take to make, the size, how essential it is to that server, etc.

I have a few ideas in terms of payment-wise to get them focused, mainly it doesn't sound realistic any time soon, unless players would want to pay $10-$15 for graphics for there server which I find an unrealistic idea, as they complain enough that they have to pay for there server to be up. Unless you can find quality 2D Graphic Artists who will take on loads of work for free...well yeah.