View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Kds Xanadu
Dante55555 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Is that player displayed correctly (small, stealth mode) ? May there is some problem with the textures or so, it could be possible to disable them in the Graal options, then you will not see your own effects either though.

The effects themself don't give any advantage beside the graphical effect. Of course it can be a help in hide-and-seek, but it wont help in spars. Also the stealth effect makes your "blink" so it shouldn't be that hard to identify a player who is using that effect.
I don't really play any other servers besides Zone, but there's issues with it there, too. Stealth blinking doesn't have much to do with making them easier to see, considering on Iricia they blend in almost perfectly with the background. It's a nuisance even one on one (in an unofficial spar, I suppose) because your eyes keep slipping over them and the jerk gets behind you and nails you with a greenrifle or some other weapon of mass lameness x-x...

I've also gotten a lot of lag since they were uploaded, but it could just be coincidence. Is there going to be a way to disable the effects in the next client?