View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 06:58 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Database objects

I don't know if this, or anything akin to this, is already possible... so excuse this post if it is. I propose a new type of object, database objects. These would be much like a spreadsheet, where you create a database, and can add/remove rows and columns.

NPC Code:

items = new TstaticDB(); // sorry, I dunno how you initialize new variables

items.createrow("Image"); // Creates a row named 'Image'
items.createrow("Weaponname"); // Creates a row 'Weaponname'
items.createrow("Weight"); // Creates a row 'Weight'
items.addcolumn("Bow"["Image"="wbowi1.png","Weaponname"="-Bow","Weight"=6]]); // Adds a named Bow, specifying the rows for the Image,Weaponname, and Weight

items.deleterow("Weaponname") // Removes the row 'Weaponname'

and to access the database object:

NPC Code:

temp.test=items.column("Bow"); // would return {wbowi1.png,-Bow,6}
temp.test=items.row("Image"["Bow"]); // would return wbowi1.png
temp.test=items.row("Image"); // would return an array of all items in the Image row

I was posting this as I went, so things might be disorganized, and it might not be the best design of commands and such, but I think you get the idea. If anyone has suggestions on what to add to this, go ahead.