View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 06:26 AM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Informational: Vote Kicking System

Well, I just finished scripting my vote kicking system, which is currently available on Zone Debug (staff will need to ask me for access to the system if they wish to try it out). I'm making this thread now so that when the system is moved over to the main server, everyone will know how it works and so forth. I've been working on it now for a few hours (would have finished sooner but I had some minor drawbacks that Ziro pointed out which made the restructuring process much easier), and decided to write this to basically explain it all.

Basically, teams will be able to vote on whether or not they want to kick someone for whatever reason they may have for kicking this player. To toggle a vote kick, you must say :kick <account_name_here> (without the <>). When you do this, everyone in your team will be asked whether or not they want to kick that user, with the options of pressing the 'y' key for yes and the 'n' key for no. This message will continue to prompt itself for 60 seconds if the player is not kicked. If the player is kicked, then the message will stop prompting sooner. There is a message that displays when a player is kicked or not, so you'll be able to tell.

If you are kicked, you are automatically removed from the team, removed from the map, and locked for 5 minutes from play (lock time is open to change if Stefan feels it should be changed). Once your five minutes are up, you will automatically be unlocked and you will be prompted with a message letting you know that you can go back to playing. Once somebody is kicked, a team must wait 60 seconds before they can kick someone else. Also, a team can only kick one person at a time.

You can only call the command to kick someone if your team has at least 3 players. A player will only be kicked if over 50% of the players on your team choose to kick him. This system should help players get rid of hackers when staff are not around to deal with them, and will also allow them to get rid of players they feel are only around to ruin gameplay for everyone else.

This system is not currently uploaded on the main server. Everyone will be informed when it is.

EDIT: Only GOLD status accounts will be able to prompt the process of kicking someone. Trial accounts can only VOTE on kicking a player.