Thread: Graal Currency
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 10:57 PM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Concern - Paypal's fees on Small Transactions are (I hear) prohibitive enough to make it not worth bothering: Charge someone $0.25, Paypal takes $0.20; charge someone $5, Paypal takes $0.50. Is that even true? *shrugs* I don't generally pay that much attention to Paypal, so.

I still like the idea of it just trading in for local currency. So your options for gaining currency are - work in the real world, pay Graal some of your real money, get Graal money as though you'd been mining that whole time -or- Mine on Graal for hours and hours, get Graal money as though you'd just donated $1. Yes, the entire currency system would have to be completely overhauled on all participating servers to ensure nobody can Just Hack that they found $50 worth of Gralats under a bush, but other than that, not gonna throw off the economy...people won't be considerably richer just because there's a new "job" on Graal, not any more than they were when bread started selling well on Kingdoms. It's like buying a VIP Pass and getting Free Stuff on Kingdoms, only more direct.

An important detail I'd like to see: People who have upgraded to VIP in the past get some free Gralats to jumpstart the economy.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233