Thread: Doomsday!
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 01:44 AM
:pluffy:
Chris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoudiniMan
I played Doomsday from day 1, and we all know that Tifa's doomsday was not the original doomsday. Ever since Haven was released it wasn't original doomsday anymore.

The only recurring theme with Doomsday is the name. There has never been anything particularly unique or amazing about the levels that I can remember.

So why do people constantly try to revive it? I could care less about the levels being re-used, as a doomsday player with nostalgia, but I do care about the namesake staying alive. Doomsday was a great world. I don't want to have people saying "Doomsday was great... until the end when those other guys did things"... etc.

Now, as a PWA, I consider it bad policy for Graal to override the policy we make the players follow without having a considerably large benefit to gain by reviving this world. I fail to see why Graal should override Tifa on the issue of revival rights. To what end would that help us reach?

What is so special about the old Doomsday levels that the idea cannot be recreated under a different name with the new scripting engine and no "restoration" work to be done?

Or is this all about the name?
I remember you as a GP cadet there.