Thread: Graal "Bible"
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 02:37 AM
Assimilated Zurkiba
Zurkiba is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zurkiba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox1545
According to the beginning of the Wikipedia article, it means that you pretend to be using reason when claiming that there is some sort of god/divine power. I do not think that makes you any more credible than the usual sort of believers. Your dislike for books about religions does not qualify you any more than the christian dudes to tell us what to do!
I dont think you entirely understand the Deist beliefs. First off we believe that there is a divine being/beings who created the laws of the universe. Need proof of that? Look around. Atheism might support the big bang and whatnot but then that rules out the concept of matter is neither created or destroyed.

However, we've come to realize that there is a reasonable explanation behind everything, aside from the laws of nature. If Jenny gets off drugs it wasn't because God helped her, it was because Jenny got off drugs.

We might believe in God, but we do not worship or praise him. We're out here because of humanity, that is how we gain success.

There are three types of religions similiar to Deism. Deism itself, Agnostic, and Atheism. All are one in the same save the fact that Deism believes ultimately in a God/gods, Agnostics are unsure, and Atheist completely believe there isn't a God/gods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CidNight1142
I believe that deserves a deliciously ironic "Amen!"
*^5*

Last edited by Zurkiba; 02-18-2006 at 10:33 PM..