View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 08:14 PM
unsoundness
Ibonic will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeToS2
Yes, although this doesn't happen to me. He says it is happening with the "you have been disconnected" boxes. I've attached a screenshot.
scrollbars: I have those too, on the filename cache dialog and others.

also: A lot of things aren't (re)set as expected when switching servers.

For example:

-I was just on Classic and switched to Maloria. The level/gmap I was in on Classic showed up on Maloria under their "News" GUI for about 15 seconds even though my internet connection wasn't lagging. Note: It was the first time I was on Maloria though and doesn't happen after that, so I do know it was some kind of lag anyway -- but I don't think v2 acts like this, it's just odd to see the previous server's level like that.

-If you set a nickname while on a server and then switch to another, in v2 it would use the name that you set while online, but in v4 it uses the one that was set on the client before logging on the first time.
(CheeToS told me this was already reported, sorry! I noticed it a long time ago, but never bothered to post it until now)

-Customs graphics (e.g. letters.png) from servers are still shown when switching to another which uses the defaults (e.g. Maloria to Classic), or sometimes none are shown at all.

Have also had a problem quite frequently lately on both v4 and v2 (on Classic) where some levels on a gmap will not show up at all other than as the default grass tiles. This gives the impression to other people that a person experiencing this is walking through walls / cheating.

[Edit]
Sometimes my chat text bar disappears completely (doesn't show up when pressing tab), this happened just now after switching servers a few times. Not sure if it's been reported already or not.
[/Edit]

Last edited by Ibonic; 06-19-2005 at 05:40 AM..