Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your opinion (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Why aren't girls as good at sparring? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87586)

Deophite18 08-24-2009 02:01 PM

Why aren't girls as good at sparring?

A legitimate question IMO. Are boys inherently good at button mashing? Do they simply try harder? Why is there never a female that can compete with a top tier male sparrer? (Lag doesn't count) I am also aware of the girl/guy ratio on Graal. However, I still see a lot of girls competing in tournaments and in Town Center on UN. I have a hard time remembering more than one girl that could compete at the level of a top male sparrer. Your thoughts? :p

Nataxo 08-24-2009 02:03 PM

Spar. Now.

LordSquirt 08-24-2009 02:06 PM

First, I would like to say no offense to girls if this offends them.

From my own experiences with gaming I would have to agree with Deophite. I don't really find too much competition from the female players, however, I would say it's like that for most games. I play a lot of FPS games and I would have to say it's pretty much the same in which the male players are better.

It could just be that the males get more into the game or have faster reflexes imo. Whatever the case I usually have more of a challenge against males.

xnervNATx 08-24-2009 02:55 PM

like me you know graal is not popular at all, that why. but if u mean only UN you should take into consideration the hd(range, foot play,reflex)

DustyPorViva 08-24-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xnervNATx (Post 1518131)
foot play

hehe

Elizabeth 08-24-2009 03:13 PM

there are no girls on the internet

Frankie 08-24-2009 03:27 PM

it's pretty hott when a girl stomps you in a spar.

papajchris 08-24-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordSquirt (Post 1518125)
I play a lot of FPS games and I would have to say it's pretty much the same in which the male players are better.

Theres the frag dolls, an all female gamer team!

Luda 08-24-2009 04:49 PM

i thought laura was a man

Darlene159 08-24-2009 04:52 PM

Probably because guys care more, and hurts their ego to get beat.....by anyone, so they try harder.

CABAL49 08-24-2009 07:01 PM

Not a lot of women Graal, or really play fps. If you are into rts you will find some ladies who are actually really good. But online gaming is still male dominated. A sausage fest if you will.

cbk1994 08-24-2009 09:49 PM

Rule 30.

jorollychu 08-24-2009 09:58 PM

they just arent skilled at much

LoneAngelIbesu 08-24-2009 10:01 PM

Girls hands are, for the most part, small. This is dictated largely by genetics. Because their hands are small, the bones and ligaments are inherently weaker than that of much larger, male hands. So, when engaging the rigorous button-mashing routines of sparring, their fingers naturally tire much quicker than male fingers. This is not to say that women aren't better than men at sparring. It's just to say, much like the differences between a cheetah and, say, a lion -- both strong predators, but lions can run further than cheetahs -- that men can out-button-mash women. If women could stand the pain (but we all know their weak minds prevent them from doing so), I would imagine that they would be just as good as, if not better than, men.

It's all very elementary.

Gambet 08-24-2009 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu (Post 1518221)
Girls hands are, for the most part, small. This is dictated largely by genetics. Because their hands are small, the bones and ligaments are inherently weaker than that of much larger, male hands. So, when engaging the rigorous button-mashing routines of sparring, their fingers naturally tire much quicker than male fingers. This is not to say that women aren't better than men at sparring. It's just to say, much like the differences between a cheetah and, say, a lion -- both strong predators, but lions can run further than cheetahs -- that men can out-button-mash women. If women could stand the pain (but we all know their weak minds prevent them from doing so), I would imagine that they would be just as good as, if not better than, men.

It's all very elementary.

Tell that to Wilhem Kempff and every other musician be they male or female that still played concerts and/or recitals well past the age of 70 (man died at 95).