Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Black and White Graals (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85701)

Polo 05-23-2009 10:28 PM

Black and White Graals

The Black and White Graals have now been released into the wild.

Each Graal can only be carried by one player at a time, and grants its owner a small beneficial effect. If you log off, die or spend too long as a saint whilst carrying a Graal it will be forcibly removed from you.
  • The Black Graal gives its owner the power of infinite ammo.
  • The White Graal allows its owner to bypass AP restrictions when healing.
To make sure Graals are not abused in events, I've added a droppable to the GC Tool which stops the Graals from working when placed.

Enjoy hunting for them. ^^

Magoh 05-23-2009 10:44 PM

I will probably not be the first or last to say this, but while this is a content addition...seriously?

This is all you can come up with? Infinite bombs and arrows and negation of AP restrictions? Apparently the clamoring for quests, quests, quests, and more quests or any kind of significant, worthwhile content addition from your player base means nothing to you. No wonder you can't keep a steady player count. Although with UN going down (however briefly), you can pretend like your release of the B&W Graals actually meant something.

-Nelm

MysticX2X 05-23-2009 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magoh (Post 1493455)
I will probably not be the first or last to say this, but while this is a content addition...seriously?

This is all you can come up with? Infinite bombs and arrows and negation of AP restrictions? Apparently the clamoring for quests, quests, quests, and more quests or any kind of significant, worthwhile content addition from your player base means nothing to you. No wonder you can't keep a steady player count. Although with UN going down (however briefly), you can pretend like your release of the B&W Graals actually meant something.

-Nelm

Quests are in development too.

DustyPorViva 05-23-2009 10:54 PM

I approve of this, actually. It's one of those kinds of things that will always give players something to do because it's always happening. Quests, while good ones are great for content, can really only be done once. This, however(in theory, at least) is one of those things players will constantly compete for to get an upper edge.

BlackSolider 05-24-2009 02:09 AM

This is something that was talked about a while back and its good to see the dev team complete something useful.

Magoh 05-24-2009 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticX2X (Post 1493457)
Quests are in development too.

That is encouraging news.

Dark_Zeratul101 05-24-2009 02:44 AM

Why are you surprised? The Black and White graals have been around since the 1990s (of Graal Classic)

Magoh 05-24-2009 02:50 AM

Yeah, but they were cheats created by PACHUKA. And were much cooler than infinite arrows and bombs, and dodging AP restrictions.

But hey, homage to old graalians is cool, too.

Dark_Zeratul101 05-24-2009 03:13 AM

I want Tyhm's quests back. :)

Rufus 05-24-2009 03:30 AM

Apply a timer for when players are in no-pk zones, perhaps it should be double the timer amount that applies on saints.

DustyPorViva 05-24-2009 03:41 AM

Timer should be random when counting down to disappear from 100ap or no-pk(as I know it will be added), so players can't manipulate the timer by running in and out of no-pk zones and such.

Rufus 05-24-2009 03:51 AM

I hate chat commands in general, so I believe that '/relinquish' to drop the Graal(s) you have in your possession is stupid. It's not exactly a simple word to use either. If you want to get rid of them then maybe you should reconnect, idle in a no-pk zone, or idle when paused. Oh wait, do you have a timer for when the player is paused?

Nelm 05-24-2009 05:47 AM

I take back all I said about the White Graal, as it is quite fashionable and makes a nice accessory with my current outfit. However, the Black Graal is still quite homo.

Pelikano 05-24-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelm (Post 1493583)
I take back all I said about the White Graal, as it is quite fashionable and makes a nice accessory with my current outfit. However, the Black Graal is still quite homo.

It's pretty emo

DutchGuy 05-24-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polo (Post 1493454)
The Black and White Graals have now been released into the wild.

Each Graal can only be carried by one player at a time, and grants its owner a small beneficial effect. If you log off, die or spend too long as a saint whilst carrying a Graal it will be forcibly removed from you.
  • The Black Graal gives its owner the power of infinite ammo.
  • The White Graal allows its owner to bypass AP restrictions when healing.
To make sure Graals are not abused in events, I've added a droppable to the GC Tool which stops the Graals from working when placed.

Enjoy hunting for them. ^^

Dear Polo,

When will you ever understand your position?
It is not your job to let the people know we have a new item and what it can do. It's your job to oversee your current staff and fill in the gaps where needed.
I'm starting to believe that Classic is not suffering any gaps but you.
Stop opening threads to announce items that have been released. Instead open a topic with the subject "i got my stuff working".

Polo, a nice idea for the future ? Only make a thread when you have released a bunch of quests/items or a bundle of both. Stop opening threads for 1 thing only, cause it makes you look really dumb.