Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Playerworld Administration Team (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Application: xXziroXx (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79548)

xXziroXx 04-27-2008 02:08 PM

Application: xXziroXx

1) Introduce yourself. Who are you? What do you do? Where are you known? Why do you play Graal?

Hello, I'm Ziro. I've been playing Graal since the glorious days of Graal The Adventure, which probably makes me a noob in some people's eyes. I'm 20 years old, currently unemployed and searching for a job. I've worked in general stores and in a school as assistant teacher.

On Graal, I currently work on my own playerworld "Project Mythic". I'd say I'm most known for my work on Maloria and Zodiac, as well as my part of the Graal Community itself. The thing I like about Graal, and the reason I still play it, is that it lets me be a part of things instead of just... playing.

2) Experience with "online-only" staff teams, including playerworld work here on Graal.

I've been working as Head Developer on Maloria, but I also had the task similiar too that of a PR. If players had problems, they came to me asking for help. I was later on Manager on Zodiac, although maybe not for the longest of periods - I stepped down because I did not have the time for it with lots of things happening in life at the time.

3) Assuming you have piqued our interest with your qualifications, what makes you stand out as an applicant?

That's up to you folks to decide, not me. I am however friendly, and I keep my coolness in most situations.

4) What is your education level? Are you employed? What ammount of time can you dedicate to Graal-related duties each day?

I dropped out from my third year in college, and I'm currently unemployed. I'm using the computer far too much to remain sane, but I am available on and off from 14.00 - 03.00 GMT+1.

5) What do you see that needs changing in Graal's playerworld policies?

The policies are fine in my oppinion, the thing I would contribute with is activity and a public face.

6) Show us some examples of your good judgement in certain situations.

Well, it's hard to just come up with an example just like that, but... During my time as staff on Classic playerworlds, I've had to deal with corrupt staff a lot. Meaning there's a lot of players and staff saying one thing, then there are those saying the complete opposite. Instead of letting the people you like and trust talk you into things, I've always looked into things before acting.

cbk1994 04-27-2008 02:17 PM

Nice application, except this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1387952)
The policies are fine in my oppinion, the thing I would to contribute with is activity and a public face.

There is nothing unique about that -- we can get any number of PWAs who will be active and have a public face. We need new ideas. Anyone can be active, so that's nothing unique to you.

Why should they pick you out of everyone else?

xXziroXx 04-27-2008 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbkbud (Post 1387955)
Why should they pick you out of everyone else?

As I've stated, it's up to them to decide in the long run. In my belief, my application is complete. The rest from here is not up to me.

Twinny 04-27-2008 02:22 PM

I support Ziro :) He doesn't need an application: we just know he would do well :)

cbk1994 04-27-2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1387957)
As I've stated, it's up to them to decide in the long run. In my belief, my application is complete. The rest from here is not up to me.

Fair enough, your application :)

Ziro_of_the_Turks 05-06-2008 09:33 PM

Was i hired yet

xXziroXx 05-07-2008 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziro_of_the_Turks (Post 1389306)
Was i hired yet

Haha, very amusing. I'm a bit worried about the lack of input from people though.. :cry:

Twinny 05-07-2008 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1389383)
Haha, very amusing. I'm a bit worried about the lack of input from people though.. :cry:

You'd rather have people yelling at all the tiny details in your thread? The long applications are full of misdirected hate and personal grudges.

xXziroXx 05-07-2008 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinny (Post 1389405)
You'd rather have people yelling at all the tiny details in your thread? The long applications are full of misdirected hate and personal grudges.

Call me a bit silly if you wish, but always when I've applied for things (both on games, roleplaying forums, and RL job applications) I've learnt that lack of response usually indicate lack of interest for the person/applicant.

Not really expecting Houdini or anyone to give me their input, but I do have a lot of friends (I think?) that I normally would expect to say something. Heck, the lack of bad response from potential enemies (can't say I recall having any specific ones, but sure, there's been a fair share of those too) makes me wonder.

Anyways, I'm probably just being silly or paranoid about the lack of input. :noob:

grawlgamer 05-07-2008 04:57 AM

I think theres so many that no one checks them anymore, hope you get it, your a cool guy :) .

xAzerothx 05-07-2008 05:37 AM

Sorry I don't think I'd like a crazed Naruto fan PWA.

grawlgamer 05-07-2008 05:40 AM

Just because he has a Gaara avatar doesn't automatically dub him "narutard" for life.

Ziro_of_the_Turks 05-07-2008 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xAzerothx (Post 1389414)
Sorry I don't think I'd like a crazed Naruto fan PWA.

I don't see why a Naruto fan can't be a good PWA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by grawlgamer (Post 1389408)
your a cool guy :) .

Proof that you do it too.

So from now on, whenever I do it, I am excused. Forever.

zokemon 05-07-2008 07:15 AM

I personally don't ever check these pwa application threads, so I have a valid excuse for not replying. I didn't even know you made one until just now Ziro. Anyways, good luck!

Ziro_of_the_Turks 05-07-2008 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1389383)

Not funny, but scary that I could honestly submit the very same application with only omitting a few (important) things:

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1387952)
1) Introduce yourself. Who are you? What do you do? Where are you known? Why do you play Graal?

Hello, I'm Ziro. I've been playing Graal since the glorious days of Graal The Adventure. I'm 20 years old, currently unemployed and searching for a job. I've worked in a school as assistant teacher.

I'd say I'm most known as my part of the Graal Community itself. The thing I like about Graal, and the reason I still play it, is that it lets me be a part of things instead of just... playing.

2) Experience with "online-only" staff teams, including playerworld work here on Graal.
If players had problems, they came to me asking for help. I stepped down because I did not have the time for it with lots of things happening in life at the time.

3) Assuming you have piqued our interest with your qualifications, what makes you stand out as an applicant?

That's up to you folks to decide, not me. I am however friendly, and I keep my coolness in most situations.

4) What is your education level? Are you employed? What ammount of time can you dedicate to Graal-related duties each day?

I dropped out from my third year in college, and I'm currently unemployed. I'm using the computer far too much to remain sane, but I am available on and off

5) What do you see that needs changing in Graal's playerworld policies?

The policies are fine in my oppinion, the thing I would contribute with is activity and a public face.

6) Show us some examples of your good judgement in certain situations.

Well, it's hard to just come up with an example just like that, but... During my time I've had to deal with corrupt staff a lot. Meaning there's a lot of players and staff saying one thing, then there are those saying the complete opposite. Instead of letting the people you like and trust talk you into things, I've always looked into things before acting.

We're obviously the same person. And yes, it really does ALL apply to me.