Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hiring for Delteria (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=217)
-   -   Delteria Jobs Available (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73795)

MKxTortoise 05-03-2007 07:37 AM

Delteria Jobs Available

Delteria is hiring quality, trustworthy developers. I will take between zero and two of the applicants. To apply, contact Tortoise via AIM at Camrhyne and email him examples of your past work at [email protected].

Things you will need:
*AIM. If you cannot communicate you are worthless.
*A forums account on the Delteria boards. (http://forums.delteria.com)
*Knowledge of RC.

Here are some things we are looking for and not looking in our Devs:
:) Competence in all areas: GFX skills, programming (GS2) skills, level development skills.
:) A good reputation both globally and on Delteria.
:) Fast rate of return on projects. "New" Delteria is now being run on a series of deadlines. This entails a high online time where you are reachable and communicative.
:mad: A job anywhere else. Collecting RCs is not good. That isn't to say you can't get a job on Delteria if you are working on another server, but it wont help your chances.
:mad: People who can't read. If you're a good reader, prove it to me by IMing me with "must be the hax" when you are contacting me to begin your application. Moreover, people who can't write are also useless. I don't mean +4lk1n lyk3 d4 }{4><07z, I mean people who can't say "I am done with this project, please give me a new assignment."
:mad: People who are full of excuses. "I'm busy with finals," "I don't know how to do that," "I've got work," and "God hates me and my life is a pathetic stain on the history of mankind" are all examples of excuses. Don't waste my time.

Surefire ways to not get the job:
:noob: Exclusivity in a standard position. People who know ganis and nothing else are fine. People who only make levels are not. What's competency? If you can script a door, use a custom tileset, and recolor a head and set the transparency, you've got competency. If you can script better than Kaimetsu but don't know your way around a custom tileset, don't bother.
:noob: Annoying people. If you are annoying I will not put up with you. If you have a fragile ego, you are annoying because your tears will give me a headache. A lot of things are not good enough for Delteria. If you have trouble with constructive criticism, don't apply.

Reasons to work for Delteria:
^^ Your work WILL be used. In fact, your efforts will be proportionate to your work ethic; the faster you work, the faster you get RC on Live. Did I mention that our Live Server is already out, and that our Dev server is paid for?
^^ Delteria staff is being restructured. Your odds are as good as everyone else's when it comes to divisional promotions. Much of the fat was trimmed last week as well -- consider the only legitimate informants to be Misconception, Cloven, Riot, Tiamat, Sandz, or me. Likewise, negate a great deal of the garbage you may have read in other threads.

Feel free to talk about how Veracity has ruined graal, my "siva dream trainer," or the idea of working for Delteria below. To officially apply, you must contact me. I will answer questions both in this thread and on AIM.

xXziroXx 05-03-2007 07:50 AM

I must say, this is a great hirings thread. Good job with that! Might seem a bit hypocritical to say "good luck with the server!" without offering to help, but yeah.. good luck with the server!

killerogue 05-03-2007 08:08 AM

Hmph. It's a decent hiring thread, but you're making it seem like bootcamp. But that's neither here nor there. I want to see Delteria get up. Cloven knows how to contact me if you need help.

MKxTortoise 05-03-2007 08:20 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by killerogue (Post 1305206)
Hmph. It's a decent hiring thread, but you're making it seem like bootcamp. But that's neither here nor there. I want to see Delteria get up. Cloven knows how to contact me if you need help.

Is that Card Captor Sakura in your signature?

I'll continue to entice potential workers by showing some screenshots. These are provided by Cloven.

killerogue 05-03-2007 08:38 AM

Looks nice. :)

xXziroXx 05-03-2007 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killerogue (Post 1305208)
Looks nice. :)

I agree. :)

Moonite 05-03-2007 01:35 PM

the walls kinda look dizzy
White gray white gray

Darlene159 05-03-2007 01:51 PM

I love that tileset. :)

syltburk 05-03-2007 02:59 PM

Looks like that fantasy tales online project LordHelmut, Thundershock and another guys had (not saying its stolen or anything), looks nice =). too bad i dont have p2p

Cloven 05-03-2007 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darlene159 (Post 1305222)
I love that tileset. :)

Thanks Moonie, can't wait for you to see the rest of it! Especially all of the things we can't show you just yet. :D

MysticX2X 05-03-2007 04:13 PM

I can't see any of those screenshots.

Sam 05-03-2007 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticX2X (Post 1305240)
I can't see any of those screenshots.

I'll hope you can see them now.

Shakram 05-03-2007 05:17 PM

i like the details :O
server with the best graphics right now ^^

Matt 05-03-2007 06:16 PM

I love that tileset. It's really nice. ^^

Cloven 05-03-2007 06:23 PM

Anybody interested in assisting us, specifically with scripting skills, may feel free to contact me on AIM: ClovenDC, or tryout by email: [email protected] Keep in mind that new Delteria is a gs2-only server.

Any quality help is much appreciated at this point, as we would like to release on June 1st, with two subsequent content updates each a month apart for starters.

Anybody who is both functionally literate and has better than average abilities (in scripting, or a combination of levels + <insert>) is encouraged to apply.

Once again, we thank you for any aid you may offer.