Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Playerworld Staff Openings (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Doragon Koden: See inside thread. (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69322)

warp2ukew 10-11-2006 02:51 AM

Doragon Koden: See inside thread.

Many of you older players remember as server, Doragon Koden. This server was, and is, owned by G_Yoshi. At the time, it was one of the highest anticipated servers on Graal, along with Oasis and Graal2230. Those are long gone, DK is not.

After being stagnant for a number of months (yes, you all thought it was dead for longer, I know), I have consulted with G_Yoshi, as have more members of the old team. We are going to continue DK with motivation, and a determination to succeed.

I am sure most of you have seen amazing thinks from DK, but it has been a lot of work for the team, and actually is a small percentage of a server. Due to the small team, it is hard to get so much done, when such effort is put into every single detail. Because of this, G_Yoshi, has decided to extend staff membership to you, level makers.

The level style is similar to that of Secret of Mana, and posted below is the level kit, which provides you with all of the tools you need for creating wonderful DK levels. We are looking for strong level makers, who can complete assignments on time, have determination, and won't quit on us in the middle of the road (weird phrase, I know). I knoiw many of you are talented, and some of you are working for servers that may not have much of a fate. DK's fate is to the server list, whether some of you agree with me or not.

The tryout:

We are looking for aptitude for working with scripted objects over tiles. Though this isn't an immediate requirement, this would greatly improve one's chances of getting on the team. Using the level kit below, create 2 house levels, and 2 outside levels, linked. Be creative with the kit, a lot of effort was put into it, and it can be used in more ways than you can imagine (no Googi, not for personal pleasure).

I urge you to tryout, the server is pretty, but mostly all that is given is verbal support. We need more people to make this happen, and we will succeed.

When you have done this, please email it, zipped, to the following:

[email protected]

The level kit can be found here:
http://home.earthlink.net/~skittles0...t-leveldev.zip

If you have any questions or comments, you can post here, and my AIM is "wow theres matt."

I look forward to talking with some of you and having the chance to work with some of you. If we get a good enough turnout for level makers, we may start hiring other areas (not as much needed)

Here are some (few months old) screenies, enjoy:

http://g_yoshi.vip.graal.net/

_Z3phyr_ 10-11-2006 03:07 AM

That really looks very cool to me. To me, it looks like a more cartoony version of Graal/Secret of Mana (like you said).

xXziroXx 10-11-2006 03:17 AM

Wow, this server looks cute! ^_^

G_yoshi 10-11-2006 03:47 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This just in!

Had to patch the level...seems it was using an old tile style that I changed.

See attachment below! The zip file will be updated a little later because my dialup sucks.

*Flash Edit!*
one more update...forgot to include the outdoor pre-fabs for cliff walls and stuff

xXziroXx 10-11-2006 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G_yoshi (Post 1229388)
This just in!

Had to patch the level...seems it was using an old tile style that I changed.

See attachment below! The zip file will be updated a little later because my dialup sucks.

Any chance you could arrange a tour for me? I dont even know the servers name..

G_yoshi 10-11-2006 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1229391)
Any chance you could arrange a tour for me? I dont even know the servers name..

That would require I call upon dark forces that would rip your very soul in order to bring it truely back from the dead

Short answer: no, because there's no real server space anymore

Lord Sephiroth 10-11-2006 04:17 AM

I vaguely remember the server. It peeked my interest before it kind of fizzled out.

Mykel 10-11-2006 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G_yoshi (Post 1229393)
That would require I call upon dark forces that would rip your very soul in order to bring it truely back from the dead

Short answer: no, because there's no real server space anymore

If you need a server, I have one that I'm not currently using. I could help you out.

Infernix 10-11-2006 05:12 AM

This server is bleh to me...Earthbound was cartoony to me and this just looks ugly IMO....looks like your workin hard though.

warp2ukew 10-11-2006 05:21 AM

I'm sorry you think that :( Perhaps you will like some of the things we have planned.

We now have a server, but G_Yoshi went to bed RIGHT when I was about to ask for his IP to set him up, so he cannot upload anything yet, and I'm about the hit the sack as well.

Will post more about playable content (if we choose to release any) at a later date. APPLY PEOPLE.

smirt362 10-11-2006 08:14 AM

Is this the one I was talking about in the other thread where the goddess rains stones down upon the earth every x ammount of years?
Or am I loosing my mind?

Andy0687 10-11-2006 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warp2ukew (Post 1229427)

How did you get g_yoshi to let you in on something like this?

Draenin 10-11-2006 11:33 AM

"Doragon." Kekeke.

Stop putting words through a translator. (I don't care if you made the name or not. Just a comment to whoever did it.)

Tom 10-11-2006 12:45 PM

I really like the cartoony style, the one screenshot of the inside reminded me of Graal Kingdoms, the way the walls are done.

So damn cool :D

warp2ukew 10-11-2006 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy0687 (Post 1229493)
How did you get g_yoshi to let you in on something like this?

I was on the old team, I helped out before. If these are the type of comments you are going to post, please don't bother revisiting the thread.