Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Main Forum (English) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Your idea of a perfect server (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65885)

Mafukie 05-07-2006 02:02 AM

Your idea of a perfect server

Now, we all have our own ideas of what the perfect server would be. Which is why there are so many people trying to create their own worlds. So I am asking; what server is close to perfect but is missing some major features, or what server isn't out yet that would win your approval.

I will start.

I am basically looking for a server that has a strong crafting system where the players are in charge of crafting items, and supplying them to other players. Nothing sold via NPCs.

The closest server that comes to this type of system is Era but I found it lacking in the sense that everything is crafted at the same quality, only deciding factor for people to buy from a business is the price or if it is in stock. It would be interesting to see resources varying from Quality which produce better products, and depending if they use high quality resources, to poor quality change the actual final products quality such as damage, speed, and durability. Maybe allowing people who craft these items to use points into different parts of the gun such as speed, damage, durability (if decay was ever introduced to the system).

It would never work on Era though because players are used to this system and changing it so drastically would cause player base issues. But why end it there? Why not introduce factories for mass producing items... which you create schematics for telling it how much of the item you produced. Or say you created a really awesome product that was hard to perfect and wanted to create a batch of them because maybe next time you wouldn't get the same results?

Or how about Harvesters that will harvest resources for you that cost credits and power to maintain even when you are offline they are working for you?

Some people like myself enjoy crafting, and what I have brought up was mainly from starwars galaxies crafting system which is probably the most supurb one out there (the game sucks now so don't tell me to go back there if none of these servers offer anything close to it)

But since this is a multiplayer game, I think that the players should run the ecnomy...

Galdor 05-07-2006 02:27 AM

perfect server should have lovely gfx (lots of eye candy), mix of 2d / 3d xD
pking, quests and bosses.

coreys 05-07-2006 02:56 AM

Theres no such thing as a perfect server, it will never happen!

CidNight1142 05-07-2006 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coreys

Nice job being a pessimist.

Now, my opinion. There will never be a perfect server, it's impossible.

Draenin 05-07-2006 04:01 AM

One that doesn't suck.

Mafukie 05-07-2006 04:51 AM

Quote:

Thanks for killing the vibe of the thread *****.

Being a 'developer' of a server I would've thought you had an idea of what a perfect server would be since you are on a team who has their own idea of what a server should be like. But I guess this is to be expected from PW owners these days.

KaasharuHunter 05-08-2006 12:59 AM

Quote:

I was going to say that, haha.

protagonist 05-08-2006 01:14 AM

Xone when it was first released, but now with fixed NPCs and stuff.

Darlene159 05-08-2006 01:46 AM

Nice levels, and lots of pk'ing
:D

Lyndzey 05-08-2006 01:54 AM

I thought GTA was near perfect.

GTA :'[

excaliber7388 05-08-2006 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darlene159
Nice levels, and lots of pk'ing
:D

But not as much as era :\

MisterMastermind 05-08-2006 02:54 AM

Zone with active ET's in each country, 2-player Co-op mode, NPC's that can shoot 8 directions, more players with less lag, a stealth tactic, and most importantly police.

Mafukie 05-08-2006 04:35 AM

Moonie can you edit my thread and remove all instances where perfect shows up... and replace it with Your idea of what servers need. Since a lot of people are being *****s.

Prozac 05-08-2006 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafukie
I am basically looking for a server that has a strong crafting system where the players are in charge of crafting items, and supplying them to other players. ...

better products, and depending if they use high quality resources, to poor quality change the actual final products quality such as damage, speed, and durability. Maybe allowing people who craft these items to use points into different parts ...

that's a hint of what i am working to develop on my argos server, something sort of along those lines. I'm basing it off a game that had that involved a single player, but porting it to multiplayer and letting those items be traded as part of the economy is what I am looking for.

And as I have stated before, the big three things in a server for mmorpg is
community
quests
competition

and how those three interact in as many fun ways as possible
also some story to it as a backdrop setting gives a theme and can be helpful.

Mafukie 05-08-2006 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prozac
that's a hint of what i am working to develop on my argos server, something sort of along those lines. I'm basing it off a game that had that involved a single player, but porting it to multiplayer and letting those items be traded as part of the economy is what I am looking for.

And as I have stated before, the big three things in a server for mmorpg is
community
quests
competition

and how those three interact in as many fun ways as possible
also some story to it as a backdrop setting gives a theme and can be helpful.

I am interested in this project, I am not great at graphics but I can try to make factories and harvesters for the server. if you have aim contact me on elliotks