Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graphic Design (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Skull (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64851)

Myomoto 03-20-2006 03:25 PM

Skull

1 Attachment(s)
Working on (yet another) skull, any comments, ideas?

warp2ukew 03-20-2006 03:31 PM

Looks good, he looks happy to be dead...

Elk 03-20-2006 03:57 PM

hmmm i think the eyes are too small...and he's definitly too happy lol XD

Tom 03-20-2006 04:05 PM

::rolls up sleeves::
Ok, constructive critism for Myomoto :D

First up outlines, sometimes black outlines make some images look good, but in this case, its a skull , black and white and 2 opposite colours and makes it stand out too much.
Id recommend having a reasonably dark grey, than a little loghter grey to add into all the curves, so they dont appear so jagged.
Teeth are never perfect like this :P And they are far to thin, id recommend making them more, natural.

The rest is real nice, well done ^_^

excaliber7388 03-20-2006 04:17 PM

If life's a dream, then death must be a party ;)
Anyway, his eyes are a bit far apart, or too small. Overall, not bad :D

Tom 03-20-2006 05:10 PM

They may be far apart, but do you guys actually know what creatres skull this is? ;)

Crono 03-20-2006 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myomoto
Working on (yet another) skull, any comments, ideas?

Much better than the old one. Give this one some sunglasses and it would own.

alarid0 03-20-2006 08:45 PM

Its all nice & smooth...I just don't like the teeth. you shouldnt use black lines to outline each one: instead, imply the outline. Leave the black on the top and bottom where it 'starts' to show the vertical line between the teeth. Leave the beginning, but remove the line itself. Remove the horizontal lines as well: leave the single dots of black...one dark pixel in the corners of teeth where 4 meet, but make everything else white.

edit: Scratch that :rolleyes: it didn't work as well as drawing on paper.
i quick checked it out to see how it would be

edit again: but it does work out if you do that + a fade to black towards the back molars

Zero Hour 03-20-2006 09:03 PM

Is it supposed to be cartoony, or realistic?

Myomoto 03-20-2006 11:37 PM

Cartoony with a slight touch of realism, that's my genneral style, atleast that's what I aim at ;p
And I'll try to lighten the outline a bit, perhaps even be a lazy ass and slap the sunglasses on to get rid of work with the eyes ;O
And I'll look into those teeth,
thanks for all the great coments all :)

NinjaEdit: just a general note on (human)skulls, they all look freakishly happy, my theory is that it has something to do with not having any lips and all...

NinjaReply ZH: I usually draw realism when i do pencil stuff, I just haven't done a hole lot of either pixels nor pencil/pen stuff lately :(

Zero Hour 03-20-2006 11:40 PM

It's my opinion that people who draw cartoons should try to render realistic drawings aswell. Will help them find their cartoon style more.

maximus_asinus 03-21-2006 06:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerami
Much better than the old one. Give this one some sunglasses and it would own.

I can't take credit for it, my cousin made it, very nice. I don't know if he does much work anymore but his deviantart link is here.

Tom 03-21-2006 02:19 PM

That skull head with glasses is a nice drawing ^_^ I might actually try and pixel this myself :D

Myomoto 03-21-2006 05:15 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom
That skull head with glasses is a nice drawing ^_^ I might actually try and pixel this myself :D

Gerami is talking about this old piece I did with some help from the community way back..

And yea, real nice drawing :o

Edit:

Oh yea, forgot to post the new vs. the old one, I just hate how the new one's teeth look like plastic :S
Changed a few proportions too, to get the eyes closer to each other, rounden the head etc.
Also tried to give it a more 'evil' glee.

Edit: Added a new opdate, after koni's comments.

Edit: did some random stuff, changed palette to a more 'brownish', to make it look older, detailed the nose, did some fixes at the eyes.
Cheek bones are about the only thing that bothers me now.

Edit: Picture guidance; pictures are placed from left to right and appears in the order they a mentioned in the text.

konidias 03-21-2006 06:23 PM

Looking better... The eye sockets could tend to be a bit larger though... The eyeball is REALLY big considering the size of a head. Also the nose (or place where a nose should be) shape is wrong.

Here is a nice site with skull anatomy to give you an idea:

http://www.gwc.maricopa.edu/class/bi...ll/antskul.htm