Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bomy Island Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Quest Idea: To solve PK issues! (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64298)

Spark910 02-23-2006 02:44 PM

Quest Idea: To solve PK issues!

I think it'd be pretty cool if there was a quest, or maybe a few, that rewarded you with 100AP! This could be a potion or so, so maybe it could be sold later on, or just a reward to the player and not an item!

As for the quest its self, I'm not quite sure what could be done, but if there were quite a few of these quests then people who lose their 100AP could do it again - although maybe just a one off would be better, so that it's a choice whether or not you want to do it there and then.

Could be a simple collect various things, or theme it around holyness and spirits or something! I don't think there has ever been a quest for such a prize, and I feel quite a few players would love that quest reward ^^

konidias 02-23-2006 03:15 PM

there's the ap fountain... or at least there was in the old 2k1... not sure about this one... I made it so that people could spend their extra gralats on ap if they wanted.. =P

Loriel 02-23-2006 04:56 PM

That is not how AP should work. Gaining AP is about managing to spend a lot of time not killing anyone, and not about doing a quest. The Saint status is kind of pointless otherwise.

Eagle 02-23-2006 07:32 PM

Another idea that was discussed yesterday was to disable pause for people under 60-70 AP or so. This could solve PK issues, and give more of a meaning to AP in my opinion. I was all for the idea.

irule13 02-23-2006 07:35 PM

the unstick level should be non pk cuz people wait there and then lame u u cant fight back or anything

Deophite18 02-23-2006 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loriel
That is not how AP should work. Gaining AP is about managing to spend a lot of time not killing anyone, and not about doing a quest. The Saint status is kind of pointless otherwise.

Agreed

protagonist 02-23-2006 08:21 PM

A one time quest would not be so detrimental to the AP concept, though. I agree that PKers shouldn't be allowed to go and get back all their AP, but if a newb wants to do the AP quest to save his or herself, then I don't see why it couldn't be a one-time thing.

kojicolnair 02-23-2006 08:38 PM

i think if there was a quest for 100ap people would abuse it. like just do that quest and you can PK someone freely without them fighting back. just do what i did and stay on for a really long time ^^

Rick 02-23-2006 08:39 PM

100AP is pretty useless right now since a lot of NPCs bypass it.

konidias 02-23-2006 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irule13
the unstick level should be non pk cuz people wait there and then lame u u cant fight back or anything

They'd just wait outside the door and kill you there. I don't see how it would help much.

Loriel 02-23-2006 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by konidias
They'd just wait outside the door and kill you there. I don't see how it would help much.

Bomboria should be completely no-pk, as should all pseudo-civilised areas.

Rolav 02-24-2006 04:23 AM

o.O if you want high AP bake some breads and go to that place that gives you AP for cash monies near soccer field :P

Loriel 02-24-2006 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rolav
o.O if you want high AP bake some breads and go to that place that gives you AP for cash monies near soccer field :P

Yeah, that place should probably be removed unless the price increases exponentially with AP or something.

Correction 02-24-2006 04:28 AM

Here's a suggestion, although I don't know how possible it is or how popular it'd be...

Maybe make the AP fountain save the gralets put into it, and at some interval evenly distribute them among players online, perhaps taking into account their current balance to give more to those who have less. In this sense, buying AP would kindof be like giving to the poor, so it not only makes PKers happy but also helps out newbies.