Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Kingdoms (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Seriously, what the heck? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50288)

protagonist 01-10-2004 12:59 AM

Seriously, what the heck?

I'm seeing people like WaterLord practically WARP across the screen and casting about 5 bullets a second, and I'm on a fairly fast computer with broadband.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that quite unusual? I've seen people with higher levels that don't go that fast, so what's up with this. If this is actually possible to begin with, there really needs to be a cap on speed. I cast a spell at someone, he runs all the way around that person in time to block the spell. That's kind of odd. Either the speed of people should decrease or spells should move faster.

graaliholic 01-10-2004 01:14 AM

Re: Seriously, what the heck?

Quote:

Originally posted by protagonist
I'm seeing people like WaterLord practically WARP across the screen and casting about 5 bullets a second, and I'm on a fairly fast computer with broadband.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that quite unusual? I've seen people with higher levels that don't go that fast, so what's up with this. If this is actually possible to begin with, there really needs to be a cap on speed. I cast a spell at someone, he runs all the way around that person in time to block the spell. That's kind of odd. Either the speed of people should decrease or spells should move faster.

I myself have been pretty fast. Witha dragon amulet, 30 dex, and two RoTs, I've been faster than 5 speed, and with some of the other speed enhancing items around, you could get more (unfortunately at that speed, berwean chain slows you down :o)

protagonist 01-10-2004 01:24 AM

Re: Re: Seriously, what the heck?

Quote:

Originally posted by graaliholic

I myself have been pretty fast. Witha dragon amulet, 30 dex, and two RoTs, I've been faster than 5 speed, and with some of the other speed enhancing items around, you could get more (unfortunately at that speed, berwean chain slows you down :o)

Ugh so you CAN get that fast? That needs capped x.x.

DragonX 01-10-2004 02:00 AM

No. There is a speed trainer and many, many people use it. Though I am not accusing him of using it (cause I haven't seen him first hand) but I have seen some others who have used it and I am quite disappointed. One guy even admitted he used it and his account was Kane88. He told me "I don't use it constantly, only when I want to get across the map in a flash".

Lyndzey 01-10-2004 02:19 AM

Are there any admins on Kingdoms anymore?

DragonX 01-10-2004 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lyndzey
I still wish I was one. I really do :[

Edit: Also your PM box is full Lyndzey..so yeah..

Lance 01-10-2004 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lyndzey
Stefan needs to transfer my rights there to my new account.

(Old one expired + Classic access was removed without warning/transferring my rights).

protagonist 01-10-2004 02:54 AM

It'd be nice if there were admins on there soon, I told someone to stop swearing in messages and people started bashing me in masses.

Monkeyboy_McGee 01-10-2004 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by protagonist
It'd be nice if there were admins on there soon, I told someone to stop swearing in messages and people started bashing me in masses.
Ahhh, the familiar notes of GK

thesaiyan 01-10-2004 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DragonX
No. There is a speed trainer and many, many people use it. Though I am not accusing him of using it (cause I haven't seen him first hand) but I have seen some others who have used it and I am quite disappointed. One guy even admitted he used it and his account was Kane88. He told me "I don't use it constantly, only when I want to get across the map in a flash".
Yep, that very same account I have seen using speed trainer. Its easy to tell when they are using one. Their char moves weird. Like they move fast but take less steps than usual. Its difficult to explain. Once you see it happen you'll understand.

skyler87 01-10-2004 05:12 AM

I have 3.5 speed, and I was using heavy rods of bullet and icestorm.
When you use a heavy rod, it does not require the usual casting animation, the spell just sort of casts without it. I tried explaining this, but you insisted that I was using a speed trainer. As I said before, don't go around making such accusations until you've spent more than 30 hours on a server.

unixmad 01-10-2004 06:30 AM

It should be possible to detect trainer on kingdom... I will ask Stefan to work on something.

marcoR 01-10-2004 06:31 AM

*makes wipping noise*

skyler87 01-10-2004 06:34 AM

Of all servers, Kingdoms should be the easiest to be able to detect the use of speed trainers on..
I don't know why noone's worked on this before.

MarkB 01-10-2004 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by skyler87
Of all servers, Kingdoms should be the easiest to be able to detect the use of speed trainers on..
I don't know why noone's worked on this before.

band