Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Kingdoms (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   100+ playercount (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134267919)

ViperZakuto 02-21-2013 03:48 AM

100+ playercount

If only the owners would focus on revamping this entire system from scratch... and full reset, would this server dream of reaching 120+ people on weekends and 50+ on weekdays like when I started. Volunteers can only manage to do so much. I always loved spamming icestorm in trade then running for the bell. pissed so many people off... RIP GK you are always missed.

Crono 02-21-2013 04:06 AM

I don't really see the appeal in GK when you have an easier-to-access Zodiac with a much less complex system. I'd like to say GK has depth but it just seems so...I dunno. My brother used to play and my friends said that rare items were only worth so much because they were rare, not because they had actual utility. That was back in 2004 though, I'm sure much as changed.

GK just isn't that attractive really. It had a lot of charm with it's 3D terrain, boats, crafting items (I ****ing loved that back in 02/03), etc. It seems outdated now. The community is what's likely keeping it alive, so that's something.

BigBear3 02-21-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1714028)
rare items were only worth so much because they were rare, not because they had actual utility. That was back in 2004 though, I'm sure much as changed.

Everything in this quote

Crono 02-21-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBear3 (Post 1714032)
Everything in this quote

much has changed or is it still rare items = best because of rarity?

shrimps 02-21-2013 08:35 AM

There's so many more common items from all the holiday events that the actual "rares" that were worth anything are worse than the common items.

Crono 02-21-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrimps (Post 1714034)
There's so many more common items from all the holiday events that the actual "rares" that were worth anything are worse than the common items.

I mean are prices on GK based on utility of items or just their rarity?

Tashkin 02-21-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1714037)
I mean are prices on GK based on utility of items or just their rarity?

Kind of depends on the items I suppose. Certain rare items aren't worth much where as others are worth more than they should be.

shrimps 02-21-2013 09:32 AM

Yeah, with the most of the newish items that came out IMO killed prices because so many items were flooded, but GK was always mostly a collection game. :(
Pokemon trading cards FTW.

NicoX 02-21-2013 11:55 AM

We are going to change alot of Item stats soon. Starting with shields, and going on. Not sure what will change, but we will try to make the hole between common items and rare items larger, so rare items are really WORTH it to get them. At the moment most of the rare items are easy replaceable with some common items, which is causing trouble with the balance of the items.

We will keep you updated.

scriptless 02-21-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoX (Post 1714043)
We are going to change alot of Item stats soon. Starting with shields, and going on. Not sure what will change, but we will try to make the hole between common items and rare items larger, so rare items are really WORTH it to get them. At the moment most of the rare items are easy replaceable with some common items, which is causing trouble with the balance of the items.

Very cool. Can't wait to see this.

Andre2006 02-21-2013 02:42 PM

Looking forward to seeing the new updates, keep working & don't work too hard or you'll get sick of it.

Felix_Xenophobe 02-21-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoX (Post 1714043)

Out of curiousity: who's doing the balancing? I'd be happy to help out with tuning or at least giving an opinion on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1714028)
I don't really see the appeal in GK when you have an easier-to-access Zodiac with a much less complex system. I'd like to say GK has depth but it just seems so...I dunno. My brother used to play and my friends said that rare items were only worth so much because they were rare, not because they had actual utility. That was back in 2004 though, I'm sure much as changed.

GK just isn't that attractive really. It had a lot of charm with it's 3D terrain, boats, crafting items (I ****ing loved that back in 02/03), etc. It seems outdated now. The community is what's likely keeping it alive, so that's something.

What defines GK is its complex systems. It's what I love about GK. It's also the reason I strongly dislike Zodiac - because the systems are very basic, button-mashy and very little thought goes into creating a character. A lot of the depth on GK isn't utilized in its current state but there's potential there. I don't see Zodiac and GK competing for players. Instead I see them catering to two very different types of players.

NicoX 02-21-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe (Post 1714050)
Out of curiousity: who's doing the balancing? I'd be happy to help out with tuning or at least giving an opinion on it.

Will consider your offer if we reach that point, probably in around 1-2 weeks.

BigBear3 02-21-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1714033)
much has changed or is it still rare items = best because of rarity?

no, sarcasm

for example every sword in gk is basically the same. except for like two.

BUT DARKFLAME IS BLACK AND SHINY WOOOOOOOO

literaly same function as the free flaming sword

NicoX 02-21-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBear3 (Post 1714054)
no, sarcasm

for example every sword in gk is basically the same. except for like two.

BUT DARKFLAME IS BLACK AND SHINY WOOOOOOOO

literaly same function as the free flaming sword

Spoiler: Working on the attacktype: fear.