Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   PlayerWorlds Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Guild Sparring on Classic iPhone. (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134263343)

Rufus 05-25-2011 01:06 PM

Guild Sparring on Classic iPhone.

Didn't know where to put this, but ya I was guild sparring on Classic iPhone yesterday. It's the first time I actually had fun on the server; super entertaining.

The reason I'm making a thread though is because there was an announcement while we were guild sparring. People came to spar us, and there ended up being 80 in one room. Trying to spar in a single room and having that many people meant that nobody could move while we weren't sparring, and it left those with earlier iPod devices extremely laggy. I was wondering if you could make the spar room into a no-pk zone so people can move around/watch and have the ACTUAL spar in an entirely different level. A level that only the people sparring are in, while everyone outside of the arena watches NPC's copying the spar going on.

It's done on servers such as Unholy Nation, and with the amount of people on the iPhone server it's kind of necessary.

callimuc 05-25-2011 01:09 PM

Jea true. Thatīs pretty annoying :/ or maybe like a spar arena which is a 2x2 gmap with different spar places so when one is free people will spar there and not wait till the arena in this 1 small room is free

skillmaster19 05-25-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1651440)
I was wondering if you could make the spar room into a no-pk zone so people can move around/watch and have the ACTUAL spar in an entirely different level. A level that only the people sparring are in, while everyone outside of the arena watches NPC's copying the spar going on.

It's done on servers such as Unholy Nation, and with the amount of people on the iPhone server it's kind of necessary.

I think UN creates a npc with a 0.1 timeout that copies the nick, attributes,chat,hearts, gani, and the position of the players sparring. Such a script would be far too laggy for classic iPhone, as the server has thousands online and over 10 spar rooms and 5 guild spar rooms. Also, the classic iPhone scripting team is far too lazy and they haven't created any major content in the past 6 months, so why would they make this? I think the scripters should focus on making new content such as the highly anticipated towns or events. The only scripter who has really been working is stefan, to my knowledge he created the majority of the content. Stefan is far too busy with the facebook and android version of graal to work on an individual server. Stefan should actually pay the scripters so they actually create something,which will increase profits.

Rufus 05-25-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skillmaster19 (Post 1651478)
Such a script would be far too laggy for classic iPhone

Nope.

Quote:

Also, the classic iPhone scripting team is far too lazy and they haven't created any major content in the past 6 months, so why would they make this?

Staff "laziness" does not stop people from making suggestions so idc.

Quote:

I think the scripters should focus on making new content such as the highly anticipated towns or events.

Doesn't take 5 scripters to script something like this.

Quote:

The only scripter who has really been working is stefan, to my knowledge he created the majority of the content.

Nope.

NewYorkerNick 05-25-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Also, the classic iPhone scripting team is far too lazy and they haven't created any major content in the past 6 months, so why would they make this?

Why be rude?

skillmaster19 05-25-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewYorkerNick (Post 1651490)
Why be rude?

You are right I shouldn't have said they are "lazy", but it is true that there hasn't been any new content for 6 months.

cbk1994 05-25-2011 10:02 PM

Quote:

Such a script would be far too laggy for classic iPhone

I can confirm that it would definitely not be "far too laggy," although there are some potential lag issues with it. Ideally Stefan could add some functionality so that the GServer handles it rather than by script (i.e. the other clients actually think the sparring players are in the room).

Crow 05-25-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1651492)
I can confirm that it would definitely not be "far too laggy," although there are some potential lag issues with it. Ideally Stefan could add some functionality so that the GServer handles it rather than by script (i.e. the other clients actually think the sparring players are in the room).

That would be awesome to have actually.

callimuc 05-25-2011 11:04 PM

Quote:

...as the server has thousands online...

Quote:

iTunes:
New Record of 1800 iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad players online at the same time!
Donīt you think thousands is a bit to high?

skillmaster19 05-26-2011 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by callimuc (Post 1651501)
Donīt you think thousands is a bit to high?

The server will have even more online when facebook graal comes out.

Zeke 05-26-2011 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skillmaster19 (Post 1651515)
The server will have even more online when facebook graal comes out.

With that comes updates:
Quote:

What's New in Version 1.12

Improved stability and speed
and plans on speed/high playercount as Stefan pointed out already:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1650924)
We will need the new server infrastructure to be to handle the higher playercount brought by the Web/Facebook version and Android version.

MattKan 05-26-2011 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 1651525)
With that comes updates:

and plans on speed/high playercount as Stefan pointed out already:

I still find it hard to believe that version 1.10 would come after version 1.9, because 1.10 = 1.1 which is less than 1.9, and ahh, stefan apprently can't do math

fowlplay4 05-26-2011 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattKan (Post 1651534)
I still find it hard to believe that version 1.10 would come after version 1.9, because 1.10 = 1.1 which is less than 1.9, and ahh, stefan apprently can't do math

The first number is for major revisions, and the second number is for minor revisions, and the period is to separate them.

If he wanted the version to display that way he would have done: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03...1.10, 1.11, etc.

Why you would say he's bad at math when math really has nothing to do it with it is beyond me, other than you're just anti-Stefan for no real reason.

On-topic:

From what I read in the OP the lag isn't a problem when they're in the spar ring? Might be able to do something with sync distance to help as well.

Rufus 05-26-2011 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1651540)
From what I read in the OP the lag isn't a problem when they're in the spar ring? Might be able to do something with sync distance to help as well.

Well it's not laggy for me both inside and out, but you can't move in the room when it has lots of people in it. Older devices couldn't even move in the spar though, where they'd normally be fine with 8~ players in a level (the participants in the spar).

DustyPorViva 05-26-2011 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattKan (Post 1651534)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_versioning