Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Level Design (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Rawr, level... (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43087)

Knuckles 02-28-2003 12:03 AM

Rawr, level...

1 Attachment(s)
Well, this is a level I made a couple weeks ago. I would have posted it, but I didn't have my forum account activated because of the stupid P2P - time run out. I didn't finish the top left corner, but.. I lost the level >;/. Anyway. Rate it, do whatever you want to it. Tell me what you think :p.

Mykel 02-28-2003 12:10 AM

you never cease to amaze me, 9.5/10
One of the best levels i have seen ever

vincentvalentinepk 02-28-2003 12:11 AM

very nice knuckles. i think your one of the more under rated level talents out there. nice work. the only thing i don't really like is the table. it seems out of place...to me anyways. nice work

9/10

Knuckles 02-28-2003 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mykel
you never cease to amaze me, 9.5/10
One of the best levels i have seen ever

Quote:

very nice knuckles. i think your one of the more under rated level talents out there. nice work. the only thing i don't really like is the table. it seems out of place...to me anyways. nice work

9/10
O_O, Thanks.

zell12 02-28-2003 01:27 AM

Top-left corrner - What happened up there? Hehe
The Pond should run off the cliff to the pool below.
There are errors along the cliff, missing tiles.
The table has too many chairs on the top/bottom.
And finally the dir should have a better variaty of tiles.

I love the detail you added, looks great. 7/10

Knuckles 02-28-2003 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by zell12
Top-left corrner - What happened up there? Hehe
The Pond should run off the cliff to the pool below.
There are errors along the cliff, missing tiles.
The table has too many chairs on the top/bottom.
And finally the dir should have a better variaty of tiles.

I love the detail you added, looks great. 7/10

Top-Left corner.. Read my post above.
The pond doesnt want to run off the cliff, 'cause thats what everyone else does. There are 2-3 tile errors along the cliff, WHICH cant be fixed without images. (If you see some that can, just point 'em out for me please), but thats the best I could do. AND the dirt uses all 6 dirt tiles possible in the variety. If ya dont like it, show me a better way of doing it please? Or explain how I should do it.

And thanks for the comment :P.

Mykel 02-28-2003 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Knuckles

Top-Left corner.. Read my post above.
The pond doesnt want to run off the cliff, 'cause thats what everyone else does. There are 2-3 tile errors along the cliff, WHICH cant be fixed without images. (If you see some that can, just point 'em out for me please), but thats the best I could do. AND the dirt uses all 6 dirt tiles possible in the variety. If ya dont like it, show me a better way of doing it please? Or explain how I should do it.

And thanks for the comment :P.

take it easy knux, he complimented u too....

Kaiser2 02-28-2003 02:25 AM

The level is good, once you break free from symmetry, you can create the greatest levels :O

Knuckles 02-28-2003 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mykel
take it easy knux, he complimented u too....
I know.. Thats why I said "And thanks for the comment".

I shoulda said thanks for the compliment. I wasnt thinking striaght.

nikoma5000 03-01-2003 11:52 AM

wow, thats a veeery goog level.
One of the best I've ever seen. 9/10

Spark910 03-01-2003 01:41 PM

Nice level, people go on Frolic to see more.

Shape:
The shape of the level is great and I have to admit it all fits perfectly. We have all seen a hell of alot of these water and cliff levels but this one is nice and new.

Objects:
Yeah I also agree the table is a bit weird, also the waterfall at the bottom looks a bit weird, but I think this is only because we can't see the bottom of it.The grass is done very well and fits so perfectly. And same with the water, I like the deep water in the middle as it goes very well. And at the top it fits perfectly too and looks generally good all together.

Originality:
That style of detail is being used alot like most things so it will slowly become less effective. I have to say overall its original but its basically a mix of what we've seen before, but its still good.

Sparks Rating: 7.5/10
Its good but that top elft was annoying me (I know it cant be helped) also I think that some bits are a bit blank where its just dirt and nothing else, but its good good overall.

zell12 03-01-2003 05:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There are 4 tiles that can be used in dirt tiles and used on the cliffs, where the cliff goes diagonal, to fill in some cracks.
Just see the attachment, you will see what I mean. :)

Timpan3 03-01-2003 05:47 PM

It's good that levelmakers like you are still around!
Excellent show-off level. I also love the cliffs in the level.

8/10

The only real fault would be the table.

Knuckles 03-01-2003 09:36 PM

Thanks, thanks.
Excalibur, I did use those tiles...

Spark910 03-01-2003 10:11 PM

Just hard to see on an image so he just made a mistake.