Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classic Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Two years of progress? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70841)

jacob_bald6225 12-17-2006 10:10 PM

Two years of progress?

What is there to show for it? Besides the overworld which I like very much. Even though the majority of it lacks personality and purpose.

Actually now that I think of it I like the levels but I don't like the overworld for what we have.

Tyhm 12-20-2006 05:43 AM

Be nice, there's a whole lot of Conversion needed to do ANYthing with Classic. Plus it's easy to find a team who wants to make a new project in their own image, much harder to find a team willing to spend hours and hours just going through a few levels...moving the "Say2" part of the script to Serverside...moving the visual effects to clientside...moving on to the next level...

Which is why the castle quest exists - not even the extant team could handle Straight-Converting that big a mess. Not to say anyone liked My version of the castle in the first place...

Crono 12-20-2006 05:11 PM

why the hell add an npc server to begin with if its gonna take many years to finish converting everything? was classic not fine with it's high population back then?

maximus_asinus 12-20-2006 06:21 PM

The Team isn't converting anything, other than a few houses. All the old quests are going to be scrapped, to make way for the new generation of quests according to Hell Raven. The only real problem as far as I can see is the customized movement, and the extremely lazy LATs (yeah I said LATs, I won't conform to this new division seperation!) on the server. I know someone will make a comment on how there is progress, just that we cannot see it, but I think it is time something was released that could keep the players interested.

Crono 12-20-2006 11:22 PM

they need to make like 3 kings of classic and have people war for total domination of the main town

kings would be like

maximum_anus, raistlin, and kevin of course

=D

Rufus 12-21-2006 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerami (Post 1255672)
why the hell add an npc server to begin with if its gonna take many years to finish converting everything? was classic not fine with it's high population back then?

I'm pretty ignorant to this, but I don't see how this is being used as a problem, UN didn't have that problem.

Crono 12-21-2006 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1255779)
I'm pretty ignorant to this, but I don't see how this is being used as a problem, UN didn't have that problem.

last time i checked un only had very basic quests, while (if i remember correctly) classic always had those pain in the ass long quests with fancy **** everywhere

Minoc 12-21-2006 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerami (Post 1255815)
last time i checked un only had very basic quests, while (if i remember correctly) classic always had those pain in the ass long quests with fancy **** everywhere

Classic had quite a few short and fun quests, such as Zol's toilet and the forest heart quest.

jacob_bald6225 12-21-2006 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minoc (Post 1255875)
Classic had quite a few short and fun quests, such as Zol's toilet and the forest heart quest.

I'm with you now and restoring old classic.

p2p_Sir_Link 12-22-2006 11:50 PM

I've suggested Zol's Toilet be readded multiple times since it'll take like, 3 minutes to convert. No luck so far...

jake13jake 12-23-2006 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p2p_Sir_Link (Post 1256305)
I've suggested Zol's Toilet be readded multiple times since it'll take like, 3 minutes to convert. No luck so far...

Well, you're right, it would take like 3 minutes to convert except for the parts with baddies.

Tyhm 12-23-2006 09:19 PM

Assuming you don't try and recover the NPCs that were in the original version but worked so horribly with even clientside-multiplayer that they were practically never seen online - the shield that destroys once it goes toinventory needed to prove to one brother that the other died in the maze, etcetera...
And assuming signs work properly now...

Minoc 12-23-2006 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake13jake (Post 1256505)
Well, you're right, it would take like 3 minutes to convert except for the parts with baddies.

And why hasn't anyone converted the baddies for the past two years?

syltburk 12-23-2006 09:29 PM

These conversations make me go careface.

jake13jake 12-23-2006 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minoc (Post 1256526)
And why hasn't anyone converted the baddies for the past two years?

ask storm. he's supposed to have been the one working on baddies.