Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Main Forum (English) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Here's an idea: Stop making us use our Graal passwords as forum passwords. (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75214)

Googi 07-09-2007 11:45 PM

Here's an idea: Stop making us use our Graal passwords as forum passwords.

Remember back when we could use whatever passwords we wanted on the forums? Remember how back then, we didn't have problems with hacked accounts spamming the forums because when idiots downloaded trainers, only their Graal password was compromised? Let's make it like that again.

Vulcan 07-09-2007 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Googi (Post 1327378)
Remember back when we could use whatever passwords we wanted on the forums? Remember how back then, we didn't have problems with hacked accounts spamming the forums because when idiots downloaded trainers, only their Graal password was compromised? Let's make it like that again.

Zing. :D

Rapidwolve 07-09-2007 11:55 PM

Quote:

Co-signed.

Darlene159 07-09-2007 11:57 PM

Quote:

I agree, actually.

dNeonb 07-10-2007 12:02 AM

Iprefer to have it as one password. I had to keep too many in my mind.
If someone gets the acc, and? The RC is protected ith the pcid and the ip...

But I also DO remember one of these we can pick our passwords actions very good. Angel used her AIM password as forum password but someone got her AIM password and messed up the forums completly!

DustyPorViva 07-10-2007 12:08 AM

Hell, we should be able to have custom passwords on the forums and for our client accounts. It's dumb that they make our passwords, and it obviously isn't really helping much.

Cubical 07-10-2007 12:10 AM

You used to be able to change your password if you were a server owner or had level 4 rc. But they changed that unfortunately.

DustyPorViva 07-10-2007 12:12 AM

It shouldn't even be that complicated. It should be like any other password changing service.

UberModeKappa 07-10-2007 12:14 AM

Sometimes i dont log into the forums because i need to go to my email to get the graal account password.

Chris 07-10-2007 12:40 AM

Quote:

But that would require common sense?!

Matt 07-10-2007 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darlene159 (Post 1327384)
I agree, actually.

Same here.

godofwarares 07-10-2007 04:51 AM

Quote:

I whole-heartedly agree.

James205 07-10-2007 07:36 AM

I agree, but as I stated before it would be nice if the service provided was more secure, but I guess that's not going to happen.

protagonist 07-10-2007 07:53 AM

the question is, since when does it matter how secure a password actually is anymore? just have a maximum number of attempts from a given IP to stop people from doing the brute force method.

it makes no sense to force people to have certain passwords when the only way in which they actually are compromised is by having their whole computer's security being compromised. when the user's security is bypassed it doesn't matter if the password is "bugger" or "ijs8Ej9" or whatever, because they are equally easy to steal if a trojan is present.

ArushenP2P 07-10-2007 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cubical (Post 1327396)
You used to be able to change your password if you were a server owner or had level 4 rc. But they changed that unfortunately.

Haha, Yeah I remember doing that when I was in Charge and Temp Owned a server beacuse the Owner had things to do in his time.

I also agree. I want to make my own passwords.