Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wiki Administration Team (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   New News Admins (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84794)

Donark 03-24-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniOne (Post 1477321)
you do an absolutely wonderful job for the Era news and you will be a great News Admin.

Yah I agree, but mini, do you even play Era? :P

kia345 03-24-2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniOne (Post 1477321)
I believe Pojo is just jealous that he didn't get the position and therefore Nat, don't listen to his negative comments, you do an absolutely wonderful job for the Era news and you will be a great News Admin.

Don't let Pojo get to you.

I'm not jealous, I'm disgusted that Nataxo would be considered over the other, better, choices, that happen to include myself. Same thing would've happened if SN was hired.

I'm not giving Felix any flak. He's a smart guy. He's pretty cool, and he doesn't come off as some 12 year old who just wants to look like they're doing something productive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clockwork (Post 1477300)
I like her new's articles.
Would -rep you but I can't again x.x;

You probably like them in a satirical sense; they make real news look bad.

Jesper 03-24-2009 02:18 PM

I dont play Era, but I always come for the new Era News, I want to read the news of Nataxo :D

Darlene159 03-24-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kia345 (Post 1477357)
I'm not jealous, I'm disgusted that Nataxo would be considered over the other, better, choices, that happen to include myself. Same thing would've happened if SN was hired.

I'm not giving Felix any flak. He's a smart guy. He's pretty cool, and he doesn't come off as some 12 year old who just wants to look like they're doing something productive.

You probably like them in a satirical sense; they make real news look bad.

The way you talk to and treat people that you don't like would keep me from hiring you for anything. :\

Rufus 03-24-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darlene159 (Post 1477382)
The way you talk to and treat people that you don't like would keep me from hiring you for anything. :\

That doesn't mean much, you only hire suckups anyway.

Darlene159 03-24-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1477383)
That doesn't mean much, you only hire suckups anyway.

"Sucking up" Seems to be the new "respect"
I hire people who show others respect when talking to them, and can overlook the way they may feel about a person in order to do their job appropriately. If you want to call that sucking up, then so be it.

I would hope the 2 people hired can treat people with respect. It's pretty important, since they will have to interview Managers/Admins on servers for news, even if they don't like them.

Rufus 03-24-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darlene159 (Post 1477385)
I hire people who show others respect when talking to them, and can overlook the way they may feel about a person in order to do their job appropriately.

I haven't seen any :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darlene159 (Post 1477385)
I would hope the 2 people hired can treat people with respect. It's pretty important, since they will have to interview Managers/Admins on servers for news, even if they don't like them.

By your standards Door wouldn't be good for the job, yet she actively talks to Managers on many servers already and can freely associate with them on many different servers. You wouldn't have hired Door, because you don't overlook the way you do your job appropriately, so you're hardly the moral compass to discuss things like hirings, especially given who you hire yourself.

xXziroXx 03-24-2009 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darlene159 (Post 1477382)

Would you prefer people putting up fake smiles towards people that they don't like, or express how they feel? Personally, I'd prefer the latter.

TSAdmin 03-24-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1477387)
Would you prefer people putting up fake smiles towards people that they don't like, or express how they feel? Personally, I'd prefer the later.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2hge905.jpg

------------------

On thread topic:
Congratulations guys.

Elizabeth 03-24-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kia345 (Post 1477357)

i do agree with pojo. a lot of the era news articles are just pointless. for example: '___ gets hit by a car!' - it happens too many times a day to count, and doesn't even serve a purpose? cars don't even affect the players health. '____ reopens / opens!' - there's a server message for that. the articles are full of gramatical errors, almost like they weren't proofread. even though english isn't her first language, she could atleast put some effort into her articles, such as finding topics with a point, and using the spell check option. the first server news was absolutely worthless, there's castle wars on almost every server.

Unpredlctable 03-24-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 1477448)
gramatical errors

*snickers*

Elizabeth 03-24-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unpredlctable (Post 1477451)
*snickers*

?.

Unpredlctable 03-24-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 1477456)
?.

o_o omg...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth (Post 1477448)
gramatical errors

Elizabeth 03-25-2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unpredlctable (Post 1477516)
o_o omg...

there's two ways of spelling 'gramatical'. gramatical, and grammatical.

Unpredlctable 03-25-2009 12:28 AM

yeah if you wanna be incorrect there's only about infinity-ass ways spell it the wrong way