Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Crescent Pirates (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Letter to Dustari (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86937)

cyan3 07-16-2009 09:04 PM

Letter to Dustari

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/4...rtodustari.png
Quote:

Originally Posted by Letter to Dustari
Dear King Craigus Elbridge of Dustari

We, The Pirates of the Crescent Isle challenge
Dustari to a core battle on Sunday the 19th
of July 2009 at 21:00 gmt. Awaiting
confirmation from King Craigus before preseeding.

Thank you

Signed
Retired Governor Felix Lionheart of the Crescent Pirates.

Crono 07-16-2009 09:20 PM

Pirates write fancy and formal letters to kings requesting challenges? Wow.

maximus_asinus 07-16-2009 09:57 PM

They're not regular pirates, they're Crescent Pirates

Gothika 07-16-2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1507907)
Pirates write fancy and formal letters to kings requesting challenges? Wow.

The whole rape, pillage and stumble around drunk routine has been done to death, we are hitting it with a new perspective.

kia345 07-16-2009 11:16 PM

Should've used Sean or Shadow's body has a means of communication and wrote the message on that

Crono 07-17-2009 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gothika (Post 1507915)
The whole rape, pillage and stumble around drunk routine has been done to death, we are hitting it with a new perspective.

A typical medieval perspective such as Dustari's is far from "new".

Craigus 07-17-2009 01:21 PM

How can i refuse when you clearly went to so much trouble :) I hope we both get a good turnout.

cyan3 07-19-2009 08:16 PM

The battle will be starting 40 minutes from now.

cyan3 07-19-2009 10:24 PM

5 Attachment(s)
We had a great turnout with around 21 pirates showed up for the event ready to face Dustari in battle. The battle it's self was fairly one sided as we had superior numbers than our enemy but they put up a good fight and I would like to thank them for allowing this battle to happen. I'm sure everybody involved had a great time and hope to do this again if possible with more even numbers.

MajinDragon 07-19-2009 10:29 PM

Was fun but 22:8, quite one sided.
One thing was made clear though, magic is too strong in core. Don't see why resist scrolls were disabled when someone with 600sp can spam storms all day, lag everyone so they can barely run away and basically annihilate them all.

Craigus 07-19-2009 10:32 PM

Was a nice battle thanks for sorting it all out Felix and what a super turn out Pirates had with 21 members, Dustari also had a awesome turnout with around 9 but it was just to much for us, i hope we can have more intresting battles in the future but it was certainly alot of fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajinDragon (Post 1508655)
Was fun but 22:8, quite one sided.
One thing was made clear though, magic is too strong in core. Don't see why resist scrolls were disabled when someone with 600sp can spam storms all day, lag everyone so they can barely run away and basically annihilate them all.

Klay is a special case with blood rings but yeah i understand. I believe if scrolls are removed from core that also mana gems should be to. I'm not saying Klay used them because i don't know if he did and quite possibly didn't but im fairly sure mana gems are useable in core.

Vincent3313 07-19-2009 10:40 PM

The thing about magic though is that it gives a chance for lower levels to actually hurt some of the higher levels. Though, in some cases Magic is very deadly. I have to admit Magic is way overpowered in GK.

cyan3 07-19-2009 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincent3313 (Post 1508658)
The thing about magic though is that it gives a chance for lower levels to actually hurt some of the higher levels. Though, in some cases Magic is very deadly. I have to admit Magic is way overpowered in GK.

Magic is still a very good skill to have in core and does allow lower levels to have a bigger part in the battle but we all agree it is overpowering.

Noobie8205 07-19-2009 11:23 PM

When magic damage is increased by level like the resists that come from scrolls are I'll stop complaining. Someone with a 107 scroll is basically immune to all magic damage... and that's so much more fair amirite? I'm basically the only really deadly mage on the server atm so for you to base that off me alone is really unfair. Not every other mage has 650 SP and can do what I can.

And @ your lag, get a new computer that's not my problem or the game's. I can spam all day and not see an ounce of lag and my computer is almost 5 years old.

seanthien 07-19-2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noobie8205 (Post 1508667)
When magic damage is increased by level like the resists that come from scrolls are I'll stop complaining. Someone with a 107 scroll is basically immune to all magic damage... and that's so much more fair amirite? I'm basically the only really deadly mage on the server atm so for you to base that off me alone is really unfair. Not every other mage has 650 SP and can do what I can.

And @ your lag, get a new computer that's not my problem or the game's. I can spam all day and not see an ounce of lag and my computer is almost 5 years old.

Everyone else was having a nice friendly debate on this topic. Why go ruin it and flame someone?