Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   NPC Scripting (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Flying Technology (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86942)

fowlplay4 07-17-2009 05:44 AM

Flying Technology

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan
The scripters have access to the flying technology now, so there should hopefully come something :)

Now.. first question is.. Gold servers only?

If true, then why?

Else, how do we use it because all I can see is:

PHP Code:

Script help for 'fly':
Clientside:
TServerFlying object typeparent type is TLevelObject
TServerFlying
.dir integer (read only)
TServerFlying.dx float
TServerFlying
.dy float
TServerFlying
.from integer (read only)
TServerFlying.type integer (read only

Couldn't find anything related to it on the gBible either.

kia345 07-17-2009 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unixmad (Post 1226770)
[flying technology] will be available to all servers but the use of flying objects will be reserved to gold/vip, after some time we will probably open it to everyone but some flying objects will still be reserved to gold and vip.

!!

Ronnie 07-17-2009 05:54 AM

He actually put it on unholy nation before, I do not recall where it is but i believe it is still on unholy nation somewhere!

fowlplay4 07-17-2009 06:19 AM

Holding a feature from us like this seems like a waste, it doesn't even look like it's being used on GK.

cbk1994 07-17-2009 06:44 AM

How long do we have to wait for this? I really hope this is opened up for developers by the next release.

oo_jazz_oo 07-17-2009 08:19 AM

Didnt they reveal this before the release of v5?

Jesus...how long ago was that!? They promised this a very very long time ago.....im amazed they havnt released it yet.

Twinny 07-17-2009 09:38 AM

Just remake the thing yourself. Just zooming all the different elements on the map..

kia345 07-17-2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo (Post 1508011)
Didnt they reveal this before the release of v5?

Jesus...how long ago was that!? They promised this a very very long time ago.....im amazed they havnt released it yet.

It was meant to be released for Christmas '06 I believe.

Angel_Light 07-17-2009 03:14 PM

It was nothing more than smoke and mirrors. All they did was took a picture of level and zoom it to be small to give the effect of going higher.

12171217 07-17-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinny (Post 1508018)
Just remake the thing yourself. Just zooming all the different elements on the map..

Well you can't zoom the tilelayer I believe, and you also can't see past the adjacent levels on a GMap. You also can't zoom showimgs casted by other NPCs or ganis, really.

Stephen 07-17-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel_Light (Post 1508049)
It was nothing more than smoke and mirrors. All they did was took a picture of level and zoom it to be small to give the effect of going higher.

Not quite; it generated the "picture" on the fly and streamed the content to the client. Ganis, etc were shrunk and orientated on the correct x/y of the generated canvas (picture) to give the appearance of active gameplay.

More of a novelty than anything else, I'm surprised there's still interest in it.

Pelikano 07-17-2009 03:56 PM

Does this just modify the player.z? I don't get it

Programmer 07-17-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pelikano (Post 1508054)
Does this just modify the player.z? I don't get it

Flying technology, by the looks of it, it simply a graphical effect that shows the GMAP zooming out as the player's Z position changes; instead of focusing on point (x, y, 0) (which is the position of the player's shadow), it will focus on (x, y, z) and show the gmap growing smaller in proportion to the Z coordinate. Id Est, This technology simply zooms out whatever's in the background in proportion to the player's Z coordinate.

James 07-17-2009 06:21 PM

We need Mode 7. ;P

DustyPorViva 07-17-2009 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 1508051)
Not quite; it generated the "picture" on the fly and streamed the content to the client. Ganis, etc were shrunk and orientated on the correct x/y of the generated canvas (picture) to give the appearance of active gameplay.

More of a novelty than anything else, I'm surprised there's still interest in it.

From what I've heard, it was not an on the fly thing. It worked more like Google maps, where you had pre-rendered images of the levels(which had to be manually taken) of various degrees of zoom, and manually uploaded.

However, for those interested... apparently it wasn't hardcoded, but scripted, so knock yourself out and try to make it yourself, I suppose. There was interest in it because it seemed like it was actual canvas zooming, and if that was so, there would have been tons of capabilities. Oh well.