Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Kingdoms Events (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Kingdoms Core (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134268735)

seanthien 09-15-2013 08:44 AM

Kingdoms Core

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 55492

This upcoming Saturday, September 21st, I will be hosting a Kingdoms Core event.

I will open the warp at 22:00 server time and you will have less then 10 minutes before the event starts.

Once Kingdom Core begins you may not join or be warped in, so be there on time!

seanthien 09-17-2013 04:11 PM

UPDATE

All participants will be rewarded
  • The winning kingdom's participants will be awarded 4 event coins each and have an event exclusively for them for a Green Dragon Amulet.
  • Everyone else will be awarded a single event coin.
Join a Kingdom and come play Kingdoms Core!

You must enter the event and participate. I will be playing and if I do not see you actively doing something you will not receive your prize to follow.

seanthien 09-21-2013 10:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Congratulations to Dustari for winning Kingdoms Core this weekend!

Although there were a few rough spots, and less people then anticipated, I hope everyone had fun. :)

If you'd like to see Core hosted again, perhaps on a weekly/2-weekly basis, post your thoughts/comments here!

Attachment 55506

gravator 09-21-2013 11:12 PM

Every 2 weeks sounds great to me, that would make sure it isn't too often and people get tired of it, and even if the prize was one EC for each member of the winning kingdom that would also be fine, more EC in the economy and the EC shop would get more use.

Felix_Xenophobe 09-22-2013 08:19 AM

Couldn't make it sorry. Sounds like a great idea to host core every 2 weeks. Lets get some kingdom drama going :cool:

Conqueror 09-22-2013 03:07 PM

Sorry for the last-minute bail-- but it looks like you boys held down the fort just fine ;). Looking forward to the next one!

BigBear3 09-22-2013 03:17 PM

Crescent Pirates 4 lyf

seanthien 09-24-2013 05:35 PM

Any more thoughts? I'd like to host it more but I'd like to get some more support.

I'm busy this weekend, but the following weekend would be the spar tournament weekend.

Maybe I could host Core following the spar tournament? Or host it on the following day (Sunday).

Conqueror 09-24-2013 11:28 PM

Having something happening on GK every weekend, that'd be pretty cool. Always something to look forward to!

1st Week - Spar Tourney
2nd Week - Kingdom Core
3rd Week - Soccer/Hockey Tourney
4th Week - .....Fishing Tourney? LOL or Go-Karts or whatever.

I haven't seen any of the GK Trophies handed out in quite some time. Should start handing those out again to tourney winners! For bragging rights or whatever. (Horse Race, Spar, Fishing Trophy)

seanthien 09-25-2013 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conqueror (Post 1722844)
Having something happening on GK every weekend, that'd be pretty cool. Always something to look forward to!

1st Week - Spar Tourney
2nd Week - Kingdom Core

I haven't seen any of the GK Trophies handed out in quite some time. Should start handing those out again to tourney winners! For bragging rights or whatever. (Horse Race, Spar, Fishing Trophy)

I'd like to do something every weekend. Something for the players to look forward to.

Soccer/Hockey and Fishing..I don't know man.

Conqueror 09-25-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanthien (Post 1722851)
Soccer/Hockey and Fishing..I don't know man.

Where's that sense of adventure!?!

seanthien 09-25-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conqueror (Post 1722854)
Where's that sense of adventure!?!

You were there last time I tried to host it..xD.

I don't know the commands to reset the games..nor can I announce the event via mass to organize/plan it all out.

THESE PROBLEMS MAN.

lordbosh 09-26-2013 03:45 AM

There is a lack of ship wars or races being discussed!

Back in the day, we'd get some seeds and cannonballs and duke it out, or race around while shooting each other. Good times.

Supaman771 09-26-2013 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conqueror (Post 1722844)

1st Week - Spar Tourney
2nd Week - Kingdom Core

We have the Spar monthly, and the core 2x a month, that leaves a open weekend for Nico to raffle or something :3.

Players don't really care about trophies anymore, they'd probably cry if they won a event and got a trophy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordbosh (Post 1722865)
There is a lack of ship wars or races being discussed!

Back in the day, we'd get some seeds and cannonballs and duke it out, or race around while shooting each other. Good times.

The players now aren't exactly as proactive, or even as numerous as those times.

I considered a horse race a couple days ago but realized there's really no way to judge it without a dozen EMs (one following each player or something).

Beyond that, boats are still slightly bugged on v6, for me personally it kicks me off the driver every single time I turn the boat, it then says someone is driving and I have to go in the hold/come back out to get on the wheel.
-------------

On another note; I've (and some others) been trying to brainstorm new Event concepts -- but GK's spectrum isn't as broad as other servers (it wasn't really created with idling/events in mind):
  1. Races won't work with variable speeds.
  2. PK isn't balanced for any Team/Objective things. Plus it would need a whole system to place & lock players into parties to get around bmode and other restrictions.
  3. Due to variable speeds and items such as skis -- a few other abstract concepts aren't viable (like tag/etc.)

Due to these game-play limitations, all we've really got to work with is luck-based events; which is a small fraction of what you see on servers like Era, UN, or even Zodiac.

So.. if anyone has any ideas? post/hmu
:D

xXziroXx 09-26-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supaman771 (Post 1722866)
  1. Races won't work with variable speeds.

Not really a valid point, it's really easy to cap the speed - my kingdom flags does it while you're in their proximity for example.