Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bug Report (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   Graal Online in 4k looks incredible (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134270431)

Spiker 11-29-2016 05:39 AM

Graal Online in 4k looks incredible

Come on, can we get some multilevel load on this ****. Wtf...

Check out this bullshit

Kiri 11-29-2016 09:25 AM

i play(ed) graal on a small resolution for a reason :3

Crono 11-29-2016 02:06 PM

i always forget 4k is so big

Kamaeru 11-29-2016 07:05 PM

I tried this a week or so ago also hahahaha.

Yeah, Graal only loads 4 surrounding levels at once for gmaps. lol

Even funnier, is that now I have a VR headset (OSVR). I played Thor's classic in VR a month or so ago using BigScreen Beta via SteamVR.

Tim_Rocks 12-01-2016 01:47 AM

Jeez, even No Man's Sky gets regular updates.

Crono 12-18-2016 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks (Post 1740463)

One Man's Lie*

sandin 12-19-2016 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks (Post 1740463)

Are these considered "updates" for an incomplete game?

Crono 12-20-2016 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandin (Post 1740598)
Are these considered "updates" for an incomplete game?

i think theyre trying to make it more complete

Kamaeru 12-20-2016 05:21 PM

I didn't think No Man's Sky was a very bad game. People were expecting the impossible. You can't blame the developer for talking his game up, and then the release not living up to your universally sky high expectations. This kind of thing has happened many times before in the game industry. People acted like the game was gonna be so sweet the gameplay is like being Neo in the Matrix.

DustyPorViva 12-20-2016 08:26 PM

Loading more levels than that is illogical, better to enforce some sort of proper scaling.

Crono 12-21-2016 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamaeru (Post 1740615)
I didn't think No Man's Sky was a very bad game. People were expecting the impossible. You can't blame the developer for talking his game up, and then the release not living up to your universally sky high expectations. This kind of thing has happened many times before in the game industry. People acted like the game was gonna be so sweet the gameplay is like being Neo in the Matrix.

hyping a game and outright lying are two different things though

Kamaeru 12-21-2016 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1740634)
hyping a game and outright lying are two different things though

All you're getting at is a flaw in development transparency. If Nintendo had shown us early versions of some of their games, and told us of some of the promise the development of that game has, people would hold them to the same unreasonably high standard that No Man's Sky was granted.

If you notice, in the few instances Nintendo has shown us beta versions of games, people FREAK OUT about it. People on youtube still won't shut up about the beta version of OOT to this day.

The only mistake the developers in both instances made was being too transparent; to give the players an inside look at the development of their game and into what possibilities are going through the developer's heads.

Both parties (the developers and the players) are at fault, but only one of the two parties deny any admission to guilt. The players need to stop being so hard on developers. Before criticizing others people should always consider first if they have made any perceivable blunders themselves.

In this case, and in the case of video games in general, players of video games have a lot of verbal input. But if they want to change anything in the industry, the first step would be to try and make a game themselves before criticizing the hard work of others.

I would like an industry where development can be totally transparent. But as I have demonstrated, whiny people ruin it. Thanks!

Crono 12-22-2016 12:17 AM

"will there be multiplayer"

"yes"

-game comes out and there is no multiplayer-