Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Zone Bugs (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   Squads Bug (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87265)

Switch 08-05-2009 08:08 PM

Squads Bug

1 Attachment(s)
Go me at first thread POSTED in the Bugs forum :)

My account is Switch, and my nick is Switch (no "*")

Scary_Sock 08-05-2009 09:20 PM

I don't really think it is a bug, since you set your community name when you apply for the Squad. If its really the case of a bug, then it probably would be fixed some time soon, since its not really a huge problem.

Switch 08-05-2009 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scary_Sock (Post 1513213)
I don't really think it is a bug, since you set your community name when you apply for the Squad. If its really the case of a bug, then it probably would be fixed some time soon, since its not really a huge problem.

What are you talking about? My community/account name is "Switch", and my nick in the guild is "Switch", therefore it should be "*Switch (SuperCalifragilisticExpialidocious)"

cyan3 08-05-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Switch (Post 1513218)
What are you talking about? My community/account name is "Switch", and my nick in the guild is "Switch", therefore it should be "*Switch (SuperCalifragilisticExpialidocious)"

The squad system doesn't use * unless you edit the nickname to be *Switch.

Edit: I've just checked it again and it will work if you set your nickanme to *Switch but wouldn't allow the * if it isn't your account name.

Edit2: Ignore me because I'm wrong.

cbk1994 08-05-2009 11:49 PM

I added a couple of checks to make sure people weren't setting their nicks to *SomethingTheyAren't, but I guess I broke it completely. I'll fix it in the next release.

Switch 08-06-2009 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1513227)
I added a couple of checks to make sure people weren't setting their nicks to *SomethingTheyAren't, but I guess I broke it completely. I'll fix it in the next release.

PHP Code:

if (player.account != nick)

player.nick nick;
else 

player.nick "*" @nick

I'm sure that should work fine, just remove "*"'s from the beginning of their nicks. Graal already has the system that does that for "setnick *Stefan".

Also I've noticed regular members can't change their nick.

cbk1994 08-06-2009 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Switch (Post 1513262)
PHP Code:

if (player.account != nick)

player.nick nick;
else 

player.nick "*" @nick

I'm sure that should work fine, just remove "*"'s from the beginning of their nicks. Graal already has the system that does that for "setnick *Stefan".

Uhm sorta, but it's a bit more complicated than that.
Quote:

Also I've noticed regular members can't change their nick.
This was fixed as well, as was people with "edit member" being able to change their own ranks.

Switch 08-06-2009 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1513265)
Uhm sorta, but it's a bit more complicated than that.

How? I can't imagine it being more than that.

And I meant player.communityname not player.account :p

cbk1994 08-06-2009 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Switch (Post 1513281)
How? I can't imagine it being more than that.

And I meant player.communityname not player.account :p

Because it also incorporates ranks and the nick format.

Switch 08-06-2009 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbk1994 (Post 1513282)
Because it also incorporates ranks and the nick format.

Oh, didn't realize there was a format for nicks.
Also, applications should show community name instead of account name.

And a few suggestions are to make the Roster show nicknames as well, having an action log of the squad like accepting, denying, removing, leadership transfers, and having some way to view the rights of the different ranks for non-leaders

Edit: It appears to only happen after changing your nick.

cbk1994 08-11-2009 08:36 AM

Fixed on the debug server, as well as a ton of other things; the new version can be transferred as soon as I can contact Stefan, which will most likely be some time tomorrow.

Deas_Voice 08-11-2009 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Switch (Post 1513285)
...applications should show community name And account name...

Fixed :)

accounts that never had a community name will be displayed as "0" or "guest" for "guest accounts"

Switch 08-12-2009 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deas_Voice (Post 1514224)
Fixed :)

accounts that never had a community name will be displayed as "0" or "guest" for "guest accounts"

"guest" and "0" account names are things like pc:##### which is bad for people who change computers a lot, therefore guests shouldn't be allowed to participate in Squads and should register a Graal##### account.

Deas_Voice 08-12-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Switch (Post 1514267)
"guest" and "0" account names are things like pc:##### which is bad for people who change computers a lot, therefore guests shouldn't be allowed to participate in Squads and should register a Graal##### account.

"0" can be showed on none registered community name on graal accounts too. :)

Crow 08-12-2009 09:56 PM

If community name equals "guest", kick it out of the squad if it's still in. If it's "0", display the account. Else, display the community name.