Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your opinion (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   V6 / Facebook Graal Control Bug (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134263980)

nightslayer317 07-22-2011 02:19 PM

V6 / Facebook Graal Control Bug

I've noticed this bug on both the v6 client as well as Facebook graal. I do not use the arrow keys to control my character, I use the I J K and L keys. For the most part they work as they should (as in the older clients) but while pking they seem to become buggy. I think it may have to do with the speed the keys are being pressed or quickly switching between the keys. I'll be pking, dodging the enemy, and all of a sudden my character will start going in one direction (as if I'm holding down the key, but I'm not) and continue to move in that direction for quite some time. As if I am pushing down the key to "push" a block. After a while it seems to release and then I can pk again. Kind of sucks pking and then all of a sudden having your character move in one direction. Even when you hit a wall, the character gani changes to push as if you are trying to push it.

PowerProNL 07-22-2011 08:37 PM

F3 - Controls - Change Keys set it to the arrows :O

Crow 07-22-2011 09:27 PM

I'm experiencing this as well sometimes, but I believe it already started with v5. Not sure what the cause of it is, but quick key presses seem to "trigger" it. Whenever it happens, I turn on DirectInput again (still bugged at this point), then turn it off again (which fixes it).

nightslayer317 07-23-2011 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crow (Post 1659850)
I'm experiencing this as well sometimes, but I believe it already started with v5. Not sure what the cause of it is, but quick key presses seem to "trigger" it. Whenever it happens, I turn on DirectInput again (still bugged at this point), then turn it off again (which fixes it).

Thanks for the tip xD

Any global developers out there that can fix this for us? If not fix the PC graal, at least fix the Facebook graal ;)

Admins 07-23-2011 01:09 PM

These are two different things:
When the Facebook version is becoming slower/laggy (downloading gfx or so) then the input is lagging, not easy to resolve but we are working on speeding up the client.

Keys getting stuck on v5/v6: the way keyboards are built is the reason you cannot press more than 3 keys at once, sometimes can be less depending on what kind of key you press. If you do more than a key can get stuck, then you need to press and release it again to fix it. Since this is a hardware limitation it's not easy to fix, other than not using similar keys (the arrow keys are often not using the same cable for transmitting their state as the A/S/D/J/K/L keys).