Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Guild Life (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Limiting Multiguilding (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62370)

maximus_asinus 11-19-2005 05:24 PM

Limiting Multiguilding

We've (the general public) talked about it a great deal, and the majority of players would like to see the restriction of multiguilding (the number of guilds a person can join at a time). Creating / operating a guild used to mean something, but as it is, its a part of signing up for Graal. Since this happened, guilds have lost there meaning. I propose that multiguilding should be limited to a few guilds (when I say a few, I would be thinking around three at most). Granted, you'll tell me that if a guild doesn't want multiguilding, they'll make it a rule of joining, but I think this restriction should apply to all guilds. We might see the return of guild rivals, and guild wars, which I am sure would attract more players.

Feedback, but I'd like to see the Guild Admin's response.

Minoc 11-19-2005 06:02 PM

I disagree, I believe the best solution is cutting the amount of guilds significantly.
It could be easily done, by setting a requirement of 10 active guild members in one month.

Currently, 310 guilds are inactive (with 0 activity percents) and at least 200 have 1-9 active members.
Those guilds should be erased, reducing the number of active guilds to 120 (out of 630).

VulcanP2P 11-20-2005 07:57 AM

I don't see why you would want to limit the ammount of guilds a person can be in. I personally think that if a guild leader wishes to not have multiguilders then they should instate a rule for their members.

As for the ammount of inactive guilds, I agree. Something will need to be done about all the guilds where no one has worn a tag for a year >.> I'll take time to talk with Stefan about these guilds and probably start erasing extremely inactive ones.

Minoc 12-17-2005 10:37 AM

Hm..

MKxTortoise 12-18-2005 06:08 AM

stuff like this is the responsibility of the guildleader. Just because most guildleaders can't enforce it doesn't mean a rule should be created to make them suck less.

Ultimately such a rule would kill their guilds anyway, as all of the flavor of the month guilds would never get off the ground..

Lance 12-18-2005 06:44 AM

I am in several guilds. No.

Deophite18 12-18-2005 07:06 AM

People should be allowed to be in how ever many guilds they want. It is the guild leaders responsibility to monitor multiguilding if he has issues with it.

Flares 12-18-2005 07:56 AM

There is no reason to enforce multiguilding. Personally, I am only in a couple of guilds, but if people want to join any guild that tickles their fancy, that seems fine with me. In my experience, the days of guild rivalry took the firmest grip when there were not a lot of servers, and there were very few guilds on one particular server. With the way things are now, even if global guilds are cut back to try and produce fewer guilds with more activity, it will not stop individual server guilds from springing back up in number. The days of guild rivalry were fun, but, they've been outdated by global guilds.

protagonist 12-18-2005 08:00 AM

Make it easier for leaders to find out if there are multi-guilders in their guild.

Also, there should be incentives for guilds if they do well. Maybe the guilds with the top 10 activity could have free webspace?

jake13jake 01-02-2006 03:50 AM

You can't bring back the old guilding atmosphere unless multiguilding is prohibited. That way, a player will join the guild that they think offers the most potential to them. A better shopping market. Guilds should also be separated into family guilds and nation guilds. Family guilds would have a cap of maybe 8-12 members, nation guilds would have a cap of 45-60. A player can only join one family guild and one nation guild, but perhaps they can wear their family guild and their nation guild tags at the same time. Lower restrictions for family guilds and heighten restrictions for nation guilds.

If people want to join any guild that enters their fancy, it destroys the atmosphere of guilding on Graal. Recently I readded the MoD Fort to Classic, and when I massed asking for ideas of how I should script who owns the fort, I received a severe lack of interest. Because almost everyone is multi-guilding, there is no sense of rivalry/alliance between guilds. Unless the modern global guild system can make some changes, the only way to regain the environment of the old guild system would be to make guilds local to server, but in doing that, it would discourage players coming to a server with only local guilds, or discourage competition between servers when people wouldn't want to leave their guild on the initial server.

Any other system is flawed because not many people would care about "free webspace" or things you can do globally, only advantages within the game, and with a global guild system, and with so many guilds, that would be impossible to accomplish. However, where the server that the guild plays on is listed, you could possibly give servers the option of giving the highest active guilds special NPCs. Other than that, no, I wouldn't care. Nobody cares and that's the problem.

With apathy all about, you can't stop it, but you can enforce against it.

You can't say prohibiting multi-guilding would be negative on the guild system, but without it, it would probably leave the most serious guilds that have higher standards of recruiting, so newbies would always be looking to start their own guild and join a guild. A new guild would have lower admission requirements as is expected, and etc.

jake13jake 01-07-2006 05:36 AM

It would be also neat if you could have guild mergers too, like... MyNick (Guild Name) (Guild Alliance Name), for allied guilds or families that align themselves with an alliance.

HarDKoRe1234 01-08-2006 08:51 AM

The top 10 guilds having free webspace idea wouldn't work because they change so frequently.

I, myself, like the idea of restriction of guilds but I'm all about being in one guild. BTK uses the "no multiguild" rule. If I see a member in another guild, I remove them. :P

gozen 01-08-2006 09:17 PM

who is btk?

Minoc 02-03-2006 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VulcanP2P
As for the ammount of inactive guilds, I agree. Something will need to be done about all the guilds where no one has worn a tag for a year >.> I'll take time to talk with Stefan about these guilds and probably start erasing extremely inactive ones.

Well?

maximus_asinus 02-03-2006 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minoc
Well?

He hasn't done anything about the copyrighted guilds I sent him a month ago either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minoc
Seriously, who cares about guilds with trademarked names? They shouldn't be illegal.

Well then I bring up my old point. If they don't remove old copyright infringing guilds, then they should start accepting them. I want my guild Microsoft, thank you.