Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Kingdoms (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   PK or RP (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74570)

CABAL49 06-13-2007 05:06 PM

PK or RP

This is simple, just select which you think Graal Kingdoms is.

kia345 06-13-2007 05:38 PM

Rp

cyan3 06-13-2007 08:14 PM

Balanced, but i do think they should have a better pk system but still have the rp battle mode as we still do.

Butz 06-13-2007 08:17 PM

Graal Kingdoms is a "Sit in the trade house and idle" server.

skiylaroso 06-13-2007 08:17 PM

I havent seen any PKing :(, they should add it so 2 levels up or down can fight with u...

hampy 06-13-2007 08:20 PM

Pk

cyan3 06-13-2007 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butz (Post 1317715)
Graal Kingdoms is a "Sit in the trade house and idle" server.

That is true you hit the nail on the head there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiylaroso (Post 1317716)
I havent seen any PKing :(, they should add it so 2 levels up or down can fight with u...

That will destory the pk system and in a kingdom war you will not be able to attack anyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hampy (Post 1317718)
Pk

I had an idea you'd say that.

Crono 06-13-2007 08:23 PM

apparently 6 people on these forums dont know what RPing is...:)

hampy 06-13-2007 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyan3 (Post 1317719)
I had an idea you'd say that.

Well it is the only good thing left that you can do on GK :9

MisterMastermind 06-13-2007 08:27 PM

I see a lot of sitting in bomb trade and idling, but no RP or PK.

Draenin 06-13-2007 08:29 PM

PKing makes RPing more realistic. PK.

Just because you think you're character's strong or skilled doesn't mean you are, and so it's a way to prove it.

Moonite 06-13-2007 10:32 PM

mmorpg + skills... n1 one

u dont even need teamplay at Kingdoms :/

Crimson2005 06-13-2007 11:19 PM

To me it's a pk server, seeing as the goal is to reach the highest level, get good stats, buy weapons, armor and preparing weapons, so that you can be able to pk and pk well.

Ziro_of_the_Turks 06-14-2007 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerami (Post 1317720)
apparently 6 people on these forums dont know what RPing is...:)

That's an understatement.
I started playing Val today since my GK account expired (I hadn't played in a long time... and apparently all there is to do right now is RP), and I realized how low GK's standards of RPing are...

Now I'm not saying I'd like GK to be like Val.
GK has a level and battle system so it should be used for battles. We once had a good RPing system, and we once had good RPers going around PKing (I used to be PKed daily by Ghost Pirate when I first started playing GK). But if someone level 110 comes to an AFK king who is only level 40 and slaughters him, that shoudn't mean the level 110 is the new king. I use this example because it's a very stupid scenario and you can pick and pull all the issues with what's wrong with it. (The game shouldn't be about random PKing, the king shouldn't be announced dead in RPing simply because he's PKed, the murderer of the king shouldn't become king, and people shouldn't be ranked based on their levels, stats, items...).

The question here also needs to be revised. I think many RPers would agree with me when I say GK IS an RPing server, as that its intention, but I think the question was whether or not it is successfully playing its role as an RP server. It has kingdoms. It has a whole settings set up for RPing, but it's the people that make it so it seems like a PKing server. I say people, not players, because everyone plays a role in this. Staff, players... anyone else?
The idea is people have to organize and do something about it if they want RPing.

Edit: Also, PKing does NOT make RPing more realistic. You can do a bunch of things that would normally make you a strong fighter in the game. You can spend hours running throughout the world. Realistically this would make you fit and a good runner with strong legs. You can eat a healthy diet and exercise a bunch. You can spend countless days, weeks (or RPing years) sparring and practicing fighting with a friend. None of these things as far as I know will give you EXP. On the other hand, you can have someone who spends less time, fighting in the dungeons killing monsters and accumulating wealth. This person can get to a point where he can PK the other player with his fists. Is that realistic? All he did was use a strong weapon to level up quickly, while the other person spent much more time exercising, and even practicing with a REAL person, yet he somehow can't win a fight. Of course that's not realistic- it's game mechanics.

I'm not saying the first person should be given rights to go around and kill everyone or win every fight. But I'm just pointing out how PKing does not always make RPing more realistic, if at all.

warmaster70229 06-14-2007 01:06 AM

I think its more directed at RP if anything but some MORE balance would be nice:D