Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=240)
-   -   New Scripted RC (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134269574)

MysticalDragon 09-23-2014 07:57 PM

This just killed my motivation. I'll probably be finishing up my projects, and going my separate way. I been around this community since i was 15 years old (I'm 29 now), and it took graal nearly 9 years to update RC2. Since the start of IOS Development, Graal has been promising these new great developer tools to ease this development stress with removing these makeshift tools that hardly get the job done. In your post you list a bunch of features that in all honestly don't help with anything and I personally would never use the. I was waiting for the "ooo, ahhs" and all i heard come out my mouth was "what the **** is this"?

I know it probably took a lot of effort creating this system, but Why? Thats my main concern, you explain its better? We disagree? Fill us in tell us why? We're still waiting on the first set of development tools that we was promised 6 years ago? Should we watch you destroy the last thing we actually use and wait another 11 years for something solid to replace it? I just don't get it, and just want to know why we're heading this way.

shrimps 09-23-2014 09:16 PM

Can't update comments either with ClientRC. I get this after I hit save.

http://i.gyazo.com/f7247074b074de3edb2c18412335d526.png

unixmad 09-23-2014 09:32 PM

I am trying to find solutions to keep the external RC and still get compatibility with our new server code. For now we have some technical problems that don't allow this.

I will do my best to keep the external RC available and if possible release the code to some of you to improve it. The GUI could need a full rewrite because it is using GTK++ and is hard to recompile.

Contact me by Email if you have the skills to work on it and if you are not afraid to sign some confidentiality paper work.

Spiker 09-23-2014 09:33 PM

This is a really bad idea.

Also, love that the only "tags" for this topic is "worst thing ever".

Quote:

Originally Posted by unixmad (Post 1731464)
I am trying to find solutions to keep the external RC and still get compatibility with our new server code. For now we have some technical problems that don't allow this.

I will do my best to keep the external RC available and if possible release the code to some of you to improve it. The GUI could need a full rewrite because it is using GTK++ and is hard to recompile.

Contact me by Email if you have the skills to work on it and if you are not afraid to sign some confidentiality paper work.

FINALLY Unixmad is acknowledging us as players/developers.

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur 09-23-2014 09:39 PM

what happens when you script something which either accidentally or due to a bug crashes the client?

how are you then supposed to log back on remote control and remove the problem which crashes your client?

MysticalDragon 09-23-2014 09:49 PM

Quote:

Awesome that's a great Idea, gives the community the option to become apart of the project if they want it to remain.

MysticalDragon 09-23-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrimps (Post 1731462)
Can't update comments either with ClientRC. I get this after I hit save.

http://i.gyazo.com/f7247074b074de3edb2c18412335d526.png

Updating to the new client fix's it.

[8:06:42 PM] PiX: http://graalonline.com/playerworlds/...GraalSetup.exe

scriptless 09-23-2014 11:12 PM

Quote:

Skills working with gtk++ specifically or any general programming language? Gtk isn't to hard to work with, but I've never heard of gtk++. Only gtkmm, gtk+, gtk+2.x and 3.x.

shrimps 09-23-2014 11:16 PM

@MysticalDragon, okay thanks. I'll try it.

super_matt89 09-24-2014 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1731435)
Some ideas:
  • Local timestamps in chat as an option.
  • "/clear" in chat as a feature.
  • A few IRC clients offer the ability to add alerts to a list of keywords that you specify. In places where there is lots of discussion it is nice to be able to receive alerts for topics that you are interested in, especially when you're referred to. Have always wanted this on RC.
  • Is it possible to show separate external windows as individual taskbar windows? I'm sure I seen that once.

I really would love to see these features followed up please, as well as the "Ctrl+J" line-jump feature. Having a separate external window is another big reason I use external RC, you see my Laptop is rather old and sometimes struggles with the client running but I can run external RC with a breeze and also using a WiFi Hotspot through my Cell Phone as internet, the client sucks up my downloads but RC is fine..

scriptless 09-24-2014 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by super_matt89 (Post 1731471)
I really would love to see these features followed up please, as well as the "Ctrl+J" line-jump feature. Having a separate external window is another big reason I use external RC, you see my Laptop is rather old and sometimes struggles with the client running but I can run external RC with a breeze and also using a WiFi Hotspot through my Cell Phone as internet, the client sucks up my downloads but RC is fine..

Lol and yet you are always afk idle on gk both player and rc. :p

super_matt89 09-24-2014 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scriptless (Post 1731473)
Lol and yet you are always afk idle on gk both player and rc. :p

I'm not afk the idle icon comes up even when I'm buying in a shop at Hotaru in one spot for too long, I'm monitoring the server as GP Admin.. You're not online enough to know..

PhantosP2P 09-24-2014 01:40 AM

This sounds like a good opportunity for the very talented and very active public scripters to get attached so that we can see some good work done. My opinions have to follow people like Fowlplay, I know they have the good of the community at heart. This is built up over a long time of being active and productive.

Matt 09-24-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Great idea, glad your going the community involvement route. :)

Elk 09-24-2014 06:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to unixmad again.
Sry bro