Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Feature request (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=194)
-   -   Graal v5 for Nintendo DS. (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75684)

OMGosh 07-19-2007 05:07 PM

Graal v5 for Nintendo DS.

When mentioning all the new Gv5 Features and such, Stefan had this to say,
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1329425)
What kind of glitches are you speaking of? It is fully backwards compatible and much more optimized

So if this is true Stefan, why can't we release some sort of version of Graal to the open market (once everything is fixed and working)? It would be a GREAT way for the world to find out about Graal and shouldn't be that hard to alter the source code and such.

The Nintendo DS is Wifi compatible but you should concentrate on offline gaming just as much as online gaming.

Just giving ideas. =]
Anyone agree?

Em 07-19-2007 05:37 PM

I dont think graal is a viable product when it comes to the main stream..

Angel_Light 07-19-2007 05:42 PM

It can be it just needs more man-power I guess you could say? The GBC version of Graal was weird but it got the main points out. I would buy it for the DS!

OMGosh 07-19-2007 06:09 PM

=] What's GBC?? Graal was for GameBoy Color?!

Angel_Light 07-19-2007 06:13 PM

Yeah Graal had a Demo for the GBC :P I think the Games RAM is on the internet somewhere, if you have an GBC emulator you can play it.

Admins 07-19-2007 06:17 PM

A full running version of v5 will not be that simple on DS. The DS only has 4 MByte RAM.

DutchGuy 07-19-2007 06:18 PM

then let the user decide what should be in, better yet let us make the levels, since we are actually the ones providing graal with gameplay.

OMGosh 07-19-2007 06:26 PM

I agree. Let us try Stefan, we're more than willing and it'll be your name on the 'Credits' anyways!!

Switch 07-19-2007 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1332495)
A full running version of v5 will not be that simple on DS. The DS only has 4 MByte RAM.

Wii?
If you have internet that's wireless you already have internet on the Wii.
WII FTW!
But instead have it full version since a demo would suck for Wii.
:p:p:D

OMGosh 07-19-2007 06:41 PM

Wii would be more difficult, it would need to have a LOT more things than it does now, DS would be MUCH easier. I, along with many people, have a big TV, this, and even Graal 3D would look terrible on anything much bigger than a 20" screen.

Horrified 07-19-2007 06:46 PM

Graal isn't really suitable for the mainstream market. I'd say release Graal 3D (from the looks of the graphics currently, it would fit perfectly on the DS) for it, and keep some type of PvP or whatever, but graal is best suited to stay on a computer. G3D, since we know nothing of it's commands, should work perfectly with the DS.

UberModeKappa 07-19-2007 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMGosh (Post 1332505)
Wii would be more difficult, it would need to have a LOT more things than it does now, DS would be MUCH easier. I, along with many people, have a big TV, this, and even Graal 3D would look terrible on anything much bigger than a 20" screen.

DS would be MUCH harder. The system specs for the ds are way too low. The wii has a relatively cheap dev kit and could handle graal.

Angel_Light 07-19-2007 08:23 PM

Theres pages of documentations on Graal3d on both Graal wikis, we know most of the commands there just not available to us. And why should Graal try to become Mainstream? The have the potential in my opinion.

UberModeKappa 07-19-2007 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel_Light (Post 1332529)
Theres pages of documentations on Graal3d on both Graal wikis, we know most of the commands there just not available to us. And why should Graal try to become Mainstream? The have the potential in my opinion.

They should try to go mainstream on the 360. Why the 360? The 360 has plenty of graphics power, hard disk space, support for headsets. The biggest reason Graal would be best on the 360 is because it would be the easiest to port to. Garage games has a new torque engine based off of the one graal3d is made up of.

"Because Torque X was written in C# and XNA, you can CodeOnce in C#, then run your game in Windows or on your very own retail XBox 360 using XNA Game Studio Express and the XNA Creators Club."

Sky 07-19-2007 09:33 PM

Graal on the PSP would be sooo much better... ;0