Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Kingdoms (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Preview: Kingdoms iPhone (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134261526)

Tigairius 01-03-2011 06:48 AM

Preview: Kingdoms iPhone

Hi guys, I've been pretty secretive about this project since it has been started, and I felt that I owe you guys an update since everyone has been waiting so patiently.

I promised that Kingdoms iPhone would bring great things to Graal Kingdoms, and I still maintain what I say. We have a lot more freedom with Kingdoms iPhone because we have completely remade the systems from scratch.

Right now, I will outline some of the things we have done:
- Battle system is done
- Leveling system
- Questing system
- Guilds system
- Party system
- GUI and controls, including hotkeys, etc.
- Spell system
- Item system
- Monsters and NPC intelligence
- Inventory
- Hundreds of levels worth of content
- Much more

We're proud of what we have so far, but we're going to continue working to provide the best quality for when we release the game.

I asked one of my graphics artists, Cloud Rubeus, to get us a nice image showcasing the potential of Kingdoms iPhone - this is a land we will probably be releasing shortly after we release the game.

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/1336/swamp11.jpg

I will keep you guys updated throughout the major stages of our development. I hope you enjoy this preview.

cbk1994 01-03-2011 06:52 AM

The image looks great, as does all the other stuff I've seen on Kingdoms iPhone. It's nice to see quality being put before quantity on Graal.

Sinkler 01-03-2011 06:52 AM

Absolutely beautiful.

BigBear3 01-03-2011 07:17 AM

Awesome. Cannot wait... for the PC version to be updated!

:D

MattKan 01-03-2011 09:33 AM

Release date?

Crono 01-03-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigairius (Post 1619950)
Cloud Rubeus.

Hahaha bringing in some old school I see.

Tigairius 01-03-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crono (Post 1619970)
Hahaha bringing in some old school I see.

'Course, gotta bring in my old buddies to get stuff done. :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattKan (Post 1619967)
Release date?

Right now, there is no release date. We are hoping for sometime before summer of 2011 though.

Crono 01-03-2011 10:22 AM

Cloud doesn't need an iPhone, he'll power RP his way through PC.

Kingdoms has potential, hope to see it come out nicely.

joel34 01-03-2011 12:28 PM

I guess that's supposed to be a swamp? Looks nice.

Hatred89 01-03-2011 01:10 PM

As someone who has played Graal Classic for the iPhone I just hope you guys make accounts for the iPhone GK because when switching ipods your account doesn't transfer only the paid app. Also I hope that all the players who have paid for gold will get access to the server via pc because playing on the itouch/iphone for long periods of time can sorta get old.
Also the image looks nice but is it a swamp or fog? =P

LordSquirt 01-03-2011 01:44 PM

Looks very good! Good job and I'm excited to play when it comes out :]

Soala 01-03-2011 02:38 PM

Looks absolutely great, this will be a hit for sure. :D

Tigairius 01-03-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatred89 (Post 1619989)
As someone who has played Graal Classic for the iPhone I just hope you guys make accounts for the iPhone GK because when switching ipods your account doesn't transfer only the paid app.

We've considered doing this and we're still unsure if we want to mess with the headache that is involved with account creation (accounts being sold, accounts being hacked, account restoration, account management, account recovery, etc). However, it might need to be more necessary since we will be heavily economy based, unlike the other two iPhone servers where you can't really trade. Player-to-player trading is already opening up a lot of headaches that we will be dealing with from scams, hackers, etc.

Gothika 01-03-2011 04:23 PM

It's looking amazing, I can't wait.

Sky 01-03-2011 05:20 PM

Sounds good, Tig. Can't wait!

xAndrewx 01-03-2011 05:29 PM

Can we see more stuff!! :)

Craigus 01-03-2011 05:55 PM

Really can't wait for this, excellent job Tig & co! i will be playing from release day for sure.

cyan3 01-03-2011 06:15 PM

It looks awesome :) I'm getting and iPod Touch soon so I'll definitely be playing it on release.

Hatred89 01-03-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigairius (Post 1620009)
We've considered doing this and we're still unsure if we want to mess with the headache that is involved with account creation (accounts being sold, accounts being hacked, account restoration, account management, account recovery, etc). However, it might need to be more necessary since we will be heavily economy based, unlike the other two iPhone servers where you can't really trade. Player-to-player trading is already opening up a lot of headaches that we will be dealing with from scams, hackers, etc.

Well if this is something that you plan to go the mile you will have to find some type of solution to that. Some people upgrade their iPhones or iTouches each year or two years and since GK will be a mmorpg for the iphone then people will complain about all their hard work lost.
Also will gk iphone be open to the pc graal community who has gold? I mean thats one way of drawing in players from the phone servers to the pc server and bringing in more money.

iFuzzy 01-03-2011 09:17 PM

Nice!! Iv'e seen so much more cooler levels then this swamp though, even though this swamp is actually amazing in my opinion. You guys should be excited when I say this :D

I can't wait to play this when it comes out!

Tigairius 01-04-2011 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatred89 (Post 1620061)
Well if this is something that you plan to go the mile you will have to find some type of solution to that. Some people upgrade their iPhones or iTouches each year or two years and since GK will be a mmorpg for the iphone then people will complain about all their hard work lost.
Also will gk iphone be open to the pc graal community who has gold? I mean thats one way of drawing in players from the phone servers to the pc server and bringing in more money.

Well, if we did not do account creation, players could still request that their old device be swapped with their new device. That is currently how they do it on Classic iPhone and Era iPhone.

My only concern is how much time it will take from staff members. I'm not sure if it will take more time from staff members to restore accounts, etc or to transfer old devices to new devices. We are trying minimalize the amount of time staff members must spend helping players. This will guarantee that players will be happier if they need less help from staff members to do things, and it will make staff members happier too.

Right now I can confirm that we will not be merging PC and iPhone Graal Kingdoms as of now in our plans, however, if we find a way to make this possible - we will definitely. I would say there is a 50% chance that we will implement that capability sometime after release. The reason we are on the fence is because we are still unsure if we are going to have player killing or not (except for events and spars). Player killing could offer an unfair advantage to those playing on the PC.

On top of all of that, iPhone revolves around micro-transactions and executes it fairly smoothly. Graal for the PC does not execute micro-transactions smoothly, and we will not be introducing PC access to Kingdoms iPhone until Graal's payment system is revised to better suit our goals. We are doing this to keep players happy as much as we are doing it to get the most out of our creation.

Edit: I should mention, however, that this doesn't mean that Graal Kingdoms will be left out. I have a huge plan for Graal Kingdoms involving this content. We'll see what happens.

Dumdumdidi 01-04-2011 05:10 AM

definitely something to wait for :)

Zeltino 01-04-2011 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatred89 (Post 1619989)
As someone who has played Graal Classic for the iPhone I just hope you guys make accounts for the iPhone GK because when switching ipods your account doesn't transfer only the paid app. Also I hope that all the players who have paid for gold will get access to the server via pc because playing on the itouch/iphone for long periods of time can sorta get old.
Also the image looks nice but is it a swamp or fog? =P

Having accounts would be really nice. I wish we had accounts for Classic iPhone as well. It would solve all the "I need to be transferred!" requests we get via email everyday.

Also, best of luck Tig. I hope to see more soon!

Seeya 01-04-2011 07:42 AM

In my opinion, you could just do it as it is on PC for battle mode, if they want to be in battle mode and take the risk of being PK'd by someone on PC, that's their choice.

DuBsTeRmAn 01-04-2011 07:35 PM

That looks better than the original gk if you ask meh

joel34 01-04-2011 08:01 PM

You're making me buy an Iphone. But i won't.

Conqueror 01-06-2011 01:06 AM

This Tig guy is a pretty cool cat. I hope that updated EC shop is included in this plan of yours sir.

Seeya 01-06-2011 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conqueror (Post 1620600)
This Tig guy is a pretty cool cat. I hope that updated EC shop is included in this plan of yours sir.

Has a single item been added to the Event Shop since 07 or so? (no disrespect) I think we need to start adding and removing items, adding rares and values to items that people bought in the past. Actually somewhat stimulate the economy.

BigBear3 01-06-2011 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeya (Post 1620639)
Has a single item been added to the Event Shop since 07 or so? (no disrespect)

Yes.

Seeya 01-06-2011 05:22 AM

What has? I haven't followed it well. again, not trying to disrespect, I'd just love to see the EC shop updated.

BigBear3 01-06-2011 06:04 AM

Phoenix Helmet
Phoenix Shield
Improve Weapon Damage
Enchant Armour
Demon Stone

were all removed.

Beelzebub Shield doesn't cost 85 EC to craft any longer.

Flame Ice Dagger
Ice Dagger
Red Dragon Amulet
Blue Dragon Amulet

were added

Seeya 01-06-2011 06:35 AM

ah, neat. not bad. But we can do with an update. :)

Gothika 01-06-2011 04:11 PM

Although the value of the items added are fare less than the ones they replaced.

Seeya 01-07-2011 01:44 AM

Can't complain though. Perhaps this needs it's own thread. If that trend was kept up, updating the shop bi-yearly, we'd have a much more stimulated economy. Speed Amulets may have been worth a RoW.

DustyPorViva 01-07-2011 03:04 AM

Does Graal suddenly have the technology to pull off the stuff in that concept screenshot?

BigBear3 01-07-2011 03:33 AM

I was thinking the same when I first looked at it.

nullify 01-07-2011 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1620960)
Does Graal suddenly have the technology to pull off the stuff in that concept screenshot?

There's an app for that.

fowlplay4 01-07-2011 04:14 AM

What's it doing that's so special..?

DustyPorViva 01-07-2011 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1620971)
What's it doing that's so special..?

You currently can't change the color of water. Also, the edge of the water is very sharp, and not soft like the screenshot. Lastly as far as I know you can't apply a texture to the water like in the screenshot unless he's somehow hacking around that like you would with regular levels and layers, but I doubt that since the transition from ground tiles to water is very abrupt(aka some ground tiles show under the water level, since they're rendered separately).

Googi 01-07-2011 07:46 AM

Awesome art but it looks really out of place next to the GK bodies.