Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Kingdoms (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Preview: Kingdoms iPhone (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134261526)

Stephen 05-30-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXTaikunXx (Post 1727588)
That's enough for the beginning. Gk doesn't have more either. Just focus on the "storyline".

I think a consistent theme (i.e., let's not use zone-style lasers on GK) is much more important than a storyline.

Although I do feel a back story (i.e., the bomy moon crashing into the kingdom islands) is a great start but any sort of story line seems unnecessary.

Does anyone disagree or agree?

NicoX 05-30-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 1727590)
I think a consistent theme (i.e., let's not use zone-style lasers on GK) is much more important than a storyline.

Although I do feel a back story (i.e., the bomy moon crashing into the kingdom islands) is a great start but any sort of story line seems unnecessary.

The idea on the storyline was to give each questline its own little story. So there wont be a main story, but many little stories which people can do via questing.

Todd45 05-30-2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoX (Post 1727587)
Here is a list of content for the release of Kingdoms iPhone.

What do you think? Enough?
Or should we add more for the release? Or better save more content for updates?

We need your opinion here.

Stuff for release:
  • Kingdoms (Dustari, Crescent Pirates, Zormite, Forest, Samurai), CastleWars
  • PvE, PvP, Dungeons, Maybe 1 Crypt/Instance
  • Shops for several things, Barbershops, Crafting
  • Skills: Mining, Fishing, Farming, Cutting trees and making bords for the beginning, more as updates later
  • Spell System (with proper cooldowns etc…)
  • Guildsystem
  • Quests
  • Armor like Mails, Helmets, Bracers, Amulets etc with real stats.
  • Tradeshops with Tradetables, dropping items, Trade between players
  • Playerhouses / Guild HQs
  • Gods with Buffs. (Player related buffs)
  • Few events for the release. More later.
  • Auctionhouse (Players can buy/sell items here)
  • Horses for travelling

iGK sounds great to me. These feautures pretty much make it equal to what graal kingdoms is already. The tileset looks great, the updated monster gfx is nice. There isn't a bad thing I can really say about iGK right now. The only thing I would want in on iGK is the Message of the Day system that was recently added on GK for release. Other than that, this seems like a pretty stable release platform. Just don't forget about us PC players too! :D

scriptless 05-31-2014 02:46 AM

Quote:

I agree about a consistent theme. However I feel storyline is kinda important. A storyline is what makes you feel more involved in the actual game play. It eleviates the stress of grind for exp to spar or grind for cash to have cool items. It serves purpose in guiding you for what you should be doing generally. Like pokemon for example. You follow a set of gyms usually in a predetermined order so that it gets just a little harder each time (similar to how gk should do leveling leading you thru areas when your ready). Really if you dont use a storyline you are causing minor to severe conflicts in gameplay. You are foremost relying on the players imagination to have fun since well theres no story you kinda have to make it up.. as we all know as we get older we use it less and less so your target audience starts shrinking.. You then run the risk of causing people to have different imaginations and well its like working in a factory speaking only english around people primararily speaking spanish .. and at my work i know how hard that can be at times ... wow... but I don't mean language, i mean like say u got a kingdom event going on and some jerk is just doing random bored people stuff and starts interupting you because he doesnt realize your role playing. in a typical storyline its usually clear what you are doing in a certain area.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoX (Post 1727591)
The idea on the storyline was to give each questline its own little story. So there wont be a main story, but many little stories which people can do via questing.

Similar to like delteria's questing how you can go out of order or is there any particular order? if there in order the small stories add up to a main one. and having many stories is the only way its even possible to do a main story.

IXIs_Last_Stand 05-31-2014 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoX (Post 1727587)
Here is a list of content for the release of Kingdoms iPhone.

What do you think? Enough?
Or should we add more for the release? Or better save more content for updates?

We need your opinion here.

Stuff for release:
  • Kingdoms (Dustari, Crescent Pirates, Zormite, Forest, Samurai), CastleWars
  • PvE, PvP, Dungeons, Maybe 1 Crypt/Instance
  • Shops for several things, Barbershops, Crafting
  • Skills: Mining, Fishing, Farming, Cutting trees and making bords for the beginning, more as updates later
  • Spell System (with proper cooldowns etc…)
  • Guildsystem
  • Quests
  • Armor like Mails, Helmets, Bracers, Amulets etc with real stats.
  • Tradeshops with Tradetables, dropping items, Trade between players
  • Playerhouses / Guild HQs
  • Gods with Buffs. (Player related buffs)
  • Few events for the release. More later.
  • Auctionhouse (Players can buy/sell items here)
  • Horses for travelling

I think that is enough for a release, maybe release the other updates as small planned updates (once a month or so). Seems like a better and improved version of GK, hope it does well.

Ziro_of_the_Turks 05-31-2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

Depends if it plays like typical mainstream MMO's or the traditional GK style.

If it's like the MMO's where I go from one town to the next as I level up doing quests, and then do dungeons and raids or any new content as it's released, then I value the linear storyline mostly because it explains new content and keeps the world alive to explain in story why this event(dungeon/town or whatever) spawned out of nowhere. Even though the worlds are open, I generally feel un-welcomed to the higher-level areas until I've reached it in the questline because the baddies there are too high level, and questing is the easiest way to level up in those games anyways.

But if it's like GK has been where I grind monsters for EXP in 2 or 3 areas for a few levels, then another area, with my goals being self-oriented rather than story-driven, I really don't care for a story line at all.

Conqueror 05-31-2014 12:07 PM

I feel that some sort of storyline would bring value, and direction. Maybe not a storyline based around the individual (like Shaded Legend), but around the 5 separate kingdoms and their different agendas.

Maharu 05-31-2014 02:24 PM

i think it would be nice if the game's backstory was better incorporated into the actual gameplay a little more. you could play this game for years and never even know what the backstory is, and since that's the case, what is the point of it? it adds nothing to the game as is, so if you are going to keep it you may as well make it mean something. it could give the game a little more flavor.

maybe actual backstory for where each kingdom originated would be nice too :) just for some concrete history.

scriptless 06-02-2014 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conqueror (Post 1727617)
I feel that some sort of storyline would bring value, and direction. Maybe not a storyline based around the individual (like Shaded Legend), but around the 5 separate kingdoms and their different agendas.

that could possibly be pretty cool actually. but there is a kinda main one they can kinda follow while doing both. it really does add a lot of value to the game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maharu (Post 1727619)
i think it would be nice if the game's backstory was better incorporated into the actual gameplay a little more. you could play this game for years and never even know what the backstory is, and since that's the case, what is the point of it? it adds nothing to the game as is, so if you are going to keep it you may as well make it mean something. it could give the game a little more flavor.

maybe actual backstory for where each kingdom originated would be nice too :) just for some concrete history.

Thats what i've been saying. Theres no point having a story if theres no way to experience it in-game. GK is kinda more of a use your imagination and just pretend which anyone who's hosted a spar can attest to how friggen hard it is to even get a small group of players to focus, listen and follow directions =/

Cubical 06-02-2014 10:02 AM

i never pay attention to the storyline really. maybe it's just me but i grind through stuff just to get it over with

Conqueror 06-02-2014 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scriptless (Post 1727665)
that could possibly be pretty cool actually. but there is a kinda main one they can kinda follow while doing both. it really does add a lot of value to the game.

The reason I don't like individual storyline is because many times it fails to suspend your disbelief. For example, in Shaded Legend-- you were the chosen one. But you know it's not "true" because everyone else playing the server is also being called the chosen one. If you see where I'm going with that.

That's why I think it would be better for the story to be based around the different kingdoms instead-- and each player is just a "soldier" in said story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cubical (Post 1727671)
i never pay attention to the storyline really. maybe it's just me but i grind through stuff just to get it over with

I hear you. I don't think anything elaborate is needed though. Just subtle things that certain NPCs say to help push it in that direction.

NicoX 06-18-2014 07:11 AM

Here is an example of our purchase-system.

http://i.imgur.com/qM1oDgM.png

Looks pretty cool on the mobile device :P
In the future, you will be able to customize the black gui in any color you want it look like.

blackbeltben 06-19-2014 08:46 PM

What is the latest say for the release date for this to the iPhone?

NicoX 06-19-2014 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbeltben (Post 1728210)
What is the latest say for the release date for this to the iPhone?

We really cant give any release dates, since it is up to Unixmad/Stefan when to release it.
I can just say that we are done 80%, and touching up the last stuffs, adding the quests, jobs and dungeons.
When everything is done it will be presented to the Game Management and they will decide what happens.

callimuc 06-19-2014 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoX (Post 1728159)
Here is an example of our purchase-system.

http://i.imgur.com/qM1oDgM.png

Looks pretty cool on the mobile device :P
In the future, you will be able to customize the black gui in any color you want it look like.

Funny how you're using an outdated UI of an iOS which doesn't even fit the servers theme while it's ment to be used by all possible OS's/browsers