Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Kingdoms (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Preview: Kingdoms iPhone (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134261526)

BigBear3 01-06-2011 06:04 AM

Phoenix Helmet
Phoenix Shield
Improve Weapon Damage
Enchant Armour
Demon Stone

were all removed.

Beelzebub Shield doesn't cost 85 EC to craft any longer.

Flame Ice Dagger
Ice Dagger
Red Dragon Amulet
Blue Dragon Amulet

were added

Seeya 01-06-2011 06:35 AM

ah, neat. not bad. But we can do with an update. :)

Gothika 01-06-2011 04:11 PM

Although the value of the items added are fare less than the ones they replaced.

Seeya 01-07-2011 01:44 AM

Can't complain though. Perhaps this needs it's own thread. If that trend was kept up, updating the shop bi-yearly, we'd have a much more stimulated economy. Speed Amulets may have been worth a RoW.

DustyPorViva 01-07-2011 03:04 AM

Does Graal suddenly have the technology to pull off the stuff in that concept screenshot?

BigBear3 01-07-2011 03:33 AM

I was thinking the same when I first looked at it.

nullify 01-07-2011 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1620960)
Does Graal suddenly have the technology to pull off the stuff in that concept screenshot?

There's an app for that.

fowlplay4 01-07-2011 04:14 AM

What's it doing that's so special..?

DustyPorViva 01-07-2011 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1620971)
What's it doing that's so special..?

You currently can't change the color of water. Also, the edge of the water is very sharp, and not soft like the screenshot. Lastly as far as I know you can't apply a texture to the water like in the screenshot unless he's somehow hacking around that like you would with regular levels and layers, but I doubt that since the transition from ground tiles to water is very abrupt(aka some ground tiles show under the water level, since they're rendered separately).

Googi 01-07-2011 07:46 AM

Awesome art but it looks really out of place next to the GK bodies.

Tigairius 01-07-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1620973)
You currently can't change the color of water.

Yes you can. In version 6, you can use watercolorflags.

Quote:

Also, the edge of the water is very sharp, and not soft like the screenshot.

?

Quote:

Lastly as far as I know you can't apply a texture to the water like in the screenshot unless he's somehow hacking around that like you would with regular levels and layers, but I doubt that since the transition from ground tiles to water is very abrupt(aka some ground tiles show under the water level, since they're rendered separately).

I am using a hackish method.

scriptless 01-07-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

You currently can't change the color of water. Also, the edge of the water is very sharp, and not soft like the screenshot. Lastly as far as I know you can't apply a texture to the water like in the screenshot unless he's somehow hacking around that like you would with regular levels and layers, but I doubt that since the transition from ground tiles to water is very abrupt(aka some ground tiles show under the water level, since they're rendered separately).

Yes, with tilelayers you CAN change water color. Just not sure on the sand/grass to water.. because changing the RGBA of the tile would change the whole tile. Possible custom tileset for second layer with textures since anything above layer 0 is non blocking.

I was actually working on a system that used 2 layers for diving. When player dives the water becomes transparent.. the ground would then become black cuz your under water and cannot see it.. and I used 3 layers for this effect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigairius (Post 1621051)
Yes you can. In version 6, you can use watercolorflags..

Well this is a nice addition.. but water color flags? something like tilelayer.watercolor?? are we limited to just RGB or will we also get alpha (for layered water)..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Googi (Post 1620997)
Awesome art but it looks really out of place next to the GK bodies.

Agreed.

MajinDragon 01-10-2011 05:24 PM

If it'll be available on Android phones I'd love this even more. Couldn't really get an iPhone just for Graal. Painful enough to subscribe monthly.

gwFCCtennis 01-10-2011 08:48 PM

When release time comes I recommend this (this is where iEra messed up):
Release a free version first, not the paid like Era iPhone. This way everyone can download it, and you will get a huge income of players from the other Graal iPhone servers. Also, contact an administrator over at TouchArcade to review it on the main page, where there are over 75k members on the iPod specific website can see. Plus, that website has a strong Graal iPhone community.

Also, do what Era iPhone did. For the first 1k players to join, give them something special. iEra gave them a hat,which is exclusive and will never be released. That way theres a reason to download the app.

alarid0 01-17-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajinDragon (Post 1621769)
If it'll be available on Android phones I'd love this even more. Couldn't really get an iPhone just for Graal. Painful enough to subscribe monthly.

You could always get an itouch, that would do the trick.