Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=240)
-   -   New Scripted RC (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134269574)

alskdjfhg 09-24-2014 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 1731487)
Great idea, glad your going the community involvement route. :)

Kappa

BlueMelon 09-25-2014 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1731440)
You need to use vplusblue to get a 'white background' and stuff. Attached my mod which is a bit better than it.

Request: Write an API or something so we can make our own RCs.

This does improve the over-all look of... everything.

Thanks.

snoop413 09-26-2014 09:08 PM

What about people who are jailed and need to speak to a staff member?

scriptless 09-27-2014 12:03 AM

On mac when you talk it seems to replace the whole rc with just what you chat rather then adding your text as a new line. On windows it appears to be fine. Please fix.

shrimps 09-27-2014 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snoop413 (Post 1731540)
What about people who are jailed and need to speak to a staff member?

Could the Jail system not be just edited to allow PMs to any staff account?

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur 09-27-2014 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakov_the_Jakovasaur (Post 1731466)
what happens when you script something which either accidentally or due to a bug crashes the client?

how are you then supposed to log back on remote control and remove the problem which crashes your client?

am i the only person who sees this problem?

if it involves a system weapon then it wont be as if you can contact a pwa to come over and remove the problem on your behalf, as they will become crashed too!

Brickster 09-27-2014 05:04 AM

I'm not sure if this is just a problem on iClassic, but the received uploads notifications show up in the rc chat tab instead of the uploads tab. Makes conversations a little difficult

Tashkin 09-27-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brickster (Post 1731549)
I'm not sure if this is just a problem on iClassic, but the received uploads notifications show up in the rc chat tab instead of the uploads tab. Makes conversations a little difficult

Tabs are being worked on to fix this issue.

alskdjfhg 09-27-2014 05:08 PM

It's good that Unixmad is wanting to get the ball rolling. But he's clearly rushing this too fast

Tim_Rocks 09-27-2014 06:15 PM

I like the changes with the updated CLIENTSIDE RC, this should have been done a long time ago. I was able to location scripts a lot faster through the type to search feature. Aside from that, I did get disconnected and all my windows did close with it. There has got to be a way to A) Save changes locally to my files (likely scriptfiles folder) or B) keep my windows open to at least recover progress.

I've lost connectivity using the external RC a couple times and it always leaves my windows open. Realistically I'd like both of these features implemented.

samich 09-27-2014 06:24 PM

Well I'd be interested in getting things going on the external RC. I'm sure we could all figure something out. And at the least, if we get the current code, things will definitely move a lot faster since we're the ones who actually actively use the tools.

scriptless 09-27-2014 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks (Post 1731558)
I like the changes with the updated CLIENTSIDE RC, this should have been done a long time ago. I was able to location scripts a lot faster through the type to search feature. Aside from that, I did get disconnected and all my windows did close with it. There has got to be a way to A) Save changes locally to my files (likely scriptfiles folder) or B) keep my windows open to at least recover progress.

I've lost connectivity using the external RC a couple times and it always leaves my windows open. Realistically I'd like both of these features implemented.

That's where my bad habit of pressing apply every time I write 1 or 2 lines or script pays off lol. Floods the rc for sure but I don't lost progress that way.

xAndrewx 09-28-2014 02:44 PM

Love the updates! I use it a lot more than before.

Thank you

r3ckless 10-12-2014 12:48 AM

Some of the window features and such can be modified. Open the options on the internal RC, and at the bottom there is a drop down menu. The menu contains all the window and GUI variables, which can be easily modified to your likings.

Draenin 10-12-2014 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unixmad (Post 1731420)
We are also planning to include an updated development tools, like the level editor and the gani editor, to be accessed directly from RC.

Excellent! This is exactly the kind of functionality that needs to be made available through client RC.

Which level / gani editor will be integrated, though?