Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Unholy Nation Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=223)
-   -   New Management (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134258412)

SwimChao 03-17-2010 12:19 AM

New Management

There's not much for me to say. I'm not going to try to vindicate myself. Allegedly, the PWA made a 3 to 1 vote to remove me from management. I made too many promises, and didn't follow through enough.

Backdraft was their selected replacement.

I don't know what I'll do in regards to Graal yet, if any of you were curious.

Nataxo 03-17-2010 12:21 AM

Aww you were a cool manager :/ always nice to me.

Sad to see you go. Farewell!

and good luck to the new manager

Crono 03-17-2010 12:22 AM

idc what they say, you were the best manager un has had in a long time

Imperialistic 03-17-2010 12:24 AM

best manager since hoyt1134

SwimChao 03-17-2010 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nataxo (Post 1563010)
You could help @ classic iPhone :P

I was working graphics there in my free time, when I had the teams working on their projects. I told Xor I didn't have enough time once things started to double up for the release of the achievement system. He said he'd move me to a GP or something, but I ended up fired.

So be it.

Thank you anyway.

Vima 03-17-2010 12:28 AM

I don't support this. Streety has been one of the few Managers on UN who have actually contributed something to it. Not like all the other Managers (not going to name any names). The Managers who never cared about releasing things when it actually had an decent playercount.

Deophite18 03-17-2010 12:35 AM

My two cents:

While I think Backdraft is an all around okay guy, I am very skeptical at how he will do as Manager. He has the right attitude of an admin (non corruptible), however he lacks a lot of experience. Based on my personal experiences with him, I think he still had a LOT to learn in his previous position as GP Chief. He doesn't really know the ins and outs of RC, and now he has twice as many rights and ten times the responsibility. I am also afraid he has no idea on how to approach new developments and manage the team as a whole. And now that it is his responsibility all eyes are on him. Regardless, I guess only time will tell. Good luck and cya Streety.

Imperialistic 03-17-2010 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deophite18 (Post 1563016)
My two cents:

While I think Backdraft is an all around okay guy, I am very skeptical at how he will do as Manager. He has the right attitude of an admin (non corruptible), however he lacks a lot of experience. Based on my personal experiences with him, I think he still had a LOT to learn in his previous position as GP Chief. He doesn't really know the ins and outs of RC, and now he has twice as many rights and ten times the responsibility. I am also afraid he has no idea on how to approach new developments and manage the team as a whole. And now that it is his responsibility all eyes are on him. Guess only time will tell. Good luck and cya Streety.

I agree with this 100%

SwimChao 03-17-2010 12:42 AM

That's what I told Bell when she proposed several weeks ago that I move to development, and make someone else manager. She said that Backdraft would be a good replacement, and I agreed, but said that I wasn't planning on resigning yet. I believe I also told her that when I do decide to resign, Backdraft is the person I would take the time to train.

I just didn't have the nerve to stay on RC after the PMs she sent me. Call me selfish, but I'm only human.

Luda 03-17-2010 12:46 AM

Could someone please fill me in on what Streety fully released? He was a player friendly manager so I can see why people are hating that he has been fired but does anyone have any legit facts of what he actually did productive? Even if it is one or two things, think about how long he's been manager, don't you think more stuff should of been released?

Streety don't get me wrong, you're a good guy but quit whining and subliminally asking for sympathy and just move on. Everyone else, stop the ****riding. Fact is fact.

FuManchu 03-17-2010 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vima (Post 1563015)
I don't support this. Streety has been one of the few Managers on UN who have actually contributed something to it.

Streety contributed... what, exacty?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deophite18 (Post 1563016)
My two cents:

While I think Backdraft is an all around okay guy, I am very skeptical at how he will do as Manager. He has the right attitude of an admin (non corruptible), however he lacks a lot of experience. Based on my personal experiences with him, I think he still had a LOT to learn in his previous position as GP Chief. He doesn't really know the ins and outs of RC, and now he has twice as many rights and ten times the responsibility. I am also afraid he has no idea on how to approach new developments and manage the team as a whole. And now that it is his responsibility all eyes are on him.

RC isn't really that hard to navigate and learn. You raise very valid points but it's honesty not that hard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luda (Post 1563020)
He was a player friendly manager

"player friendly"? How do you define player friendly? He was downright notorious for putting players off.

Anyway, after the streak of bad Managers, hopefully BD can pull the staff team together and shape the server up.

Vima 03-17-2010 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luda (Post 1563020)
Could someone please fill me in on what Streety fully released? He was a player friendly manager so I can see why people are hating that he has been fired but does anyone have any legit facts of what he actually did productive? Even if it is one or two things, think about how long he's been manager, don't you think more stuff should of been released?

I haven't had the time to be on Unholy Nation so much the past months, but I think I've seen enough to be able to say that he is one of the few managers who have contributed something to UN. For Example: He have hosted many holiday events, some of them were really well planned I think, making sure that new events being released and being able to manage the staff.

A lot of people here should shush, you don't know how it is to be an manager on a server. Streety have started a few projects, like the pet system and achivement system that for me is a sign that he have done something, yes they are not completed. Is it his fault? No.
At the end of the day it's the staff fault. If the scripters were active enough, if the lats were active enough. There wouldn't have been this much delay.

Could anyone tell me, what did Spryte, Sub-Zero, WiKKiD, Malinko, NeoJenova... I mean the list could get looong, contribute to UN? When they were managing the server had a stable playercount and had loads of developement staff eager to work. What did they do? Nothing. When Streety took over the server it was allready in the hole.

Imperialistic 03-17-2010 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vima (Post 1563026)
I haven't had the time to be on Unholy Nation so much the past months, but I think I've seen enough to be able to say that he is one of the few managers who have contributed something to UN. For Example: He have hosted many holiday events, some of them were really well planned I think, making sure that new events being released and being able to manage the staff.

A lot of people here should shush, you don't know how it is to be an manager on a server. Streety have started a few projects, like the pet system and achivement system that for me is a sign that he have done something, yes they are not completed. Is it his fault? No.
At the end of the day it's the staff fault. If the scripters were active enough, if the lats were active enough. There wouldn't have been this much delay.

Could anyone tell me, what did Spryte, Sub-Zero, WiKKiD, Malinko, NeoJenova... I mean the list could get looong, contribute to UN? When they were managing the server had a stable playercount and had loads of developement staff eager to work. What did they do? Nothing. When Streety took over the server it was allready in the hole.

Sub-Zero - He helped alot with scripting projects

NeoJenova - Uhh, he single-handedly remade the gmap and was a big role in development.

Malinko - Was horrible, but yet again.. he did release a lot of content that is still used to this day

p.s. you're forgetting the other 10 managers on UN xD

SwimChao 03-17-2010 01:15 AM

I just wanna throw it out there, that I only posted this because they hadn't made a news post about it on UN yet.

I was getting PMs from people asking if it was true.

pluto 03-17-2010 01:16 AM

i never saw this coming.....