Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Global Scripting Team (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Quite Interesting (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78326)

Kyranki 01-13-2008 07:08 AM

Quite Interesting

Well, this is something new. It's quite interesting (to say the least) that there is actually a way to be able to assist Graal with global staffing (finally). I assume that Graal is indeed in dire need of global staff to make operations go smoother and I am happy to see that unixmad/Stefan etc. are showing interest in doing just that.

Since seeing this, I was wondering will there be any guidelines posted which must be followed in order to apply? I don't plan on applying myself to such a thing but it seems as if this forum is just a little empty for something so important. So I assume eventually Skyld or Stefan will throw something up here for everyone to follow if they wish to apply to be a member of the GST.

Anywho, I was just posting some concerns and was curious is all.

Bp852912 01-13-2008 07:18 AM

You probably just have to e-mail them some info about yourself and sample work. Thats what it usually is, all the time.

napo_p2p 01-13-2008 07:54 AM

When a position opens up, then chances are that guidelines/application will be stickied here. For now, I think it's safe to assume that the GST is not currently hiring.

xXziroXx 01-13-2008 02:26 PM

Stefan has always said that the GST is always looking for talented new members, so if you wanna apply - post your application. Impress then. :)

Chompy 01-13-2008 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXziroXx (Post 1369471)
Stefan has always said that the GST is always looking for talented new members, so if you wanna apply - post your application. Impress then. :)

Well, for example.. What should I put in the application? GST is different from for example a FAQ job on GK
(where you just apply name, account, time player, hours etc.).
GST is different, so, what is Skyld/Stefan looking for?

What you know about GS2? How long you've scripted? List past server experiences? Must I supply with scripts in the application? How long I've played Graal?

I have no idea what to put in the application though.. :(

Skyld 01-13-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chompy (Post 1369473)
Well, for example.. What should I put in the application? GST is different from for example a FAQ job on GK
(where you just apply name, account, time player, hours etc.).
GST is different, so, what is Skyld/Stefan looking for?

What you know about GS2? How long you've scripted? List past server experiences? Must I supply with scripts in the application? How long I've played Graal?

I have no idea what to put in the application though.. :(

Quite often when I consider new GST members (which I silently do regularly), it is not what goes in the application.

As much as anything, it's the community input we can see. Does the candidate post useful responses and/or code samples on the forums? Does the candidate update and add new information to the wiki? What is the candidate's overall reputation in terms of helping people, solving problems?

An ideal Global Scripting Team candidate stands out from the crowd without necessarily needing an application. An application as much as anything would be a way for us to almost shortlist, and details would be posted if and when the need is there.

Chompy 01-13-2008 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyld (Post 1369474)
Quite often when I consider new GST members (which I silently do regularly), it is not what goes in the application.

As much as anything, it's the community input we can see. Does the candidate post useful responses and/or code samples on the forums? Does the candidate update and add new information to the wiki? What is the candidate's overall reputation in terms of helping people, solving problems?

An ideal Global Scripting Team candidate stands out from the crowd without necessarily needing an application. An application as much as anything would be a way for us to almost shortlist, and details would be posted if and when the need is there.

Hmm, ok :)

Dan 01-13-2008 06:20 PM

If I wouldn't be working for Graal already, I'd apply for GST >_<. It's always been some job I wanted.

Kyranki 01-13-2008 07:40 PM

Moo, I don't know. There are quite a few candidates who don't always receive much recognition for their contributions/who are very good contributors but not the best scripter/have other more redeeming talents who need to be put up for consideration I think.

Dusty/Chompy etc.

Tigairius 01-14-2008 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyranki (Post 1369519)
Moo, I don't know. There are quite a few candidates who don't always receive much recognition for their contributions/who are very good contributors but not the best scripter/have other more redeeming talents who need to be put up for consideration I think.

Dusty/Chompy etc.

I disagree, to a certain extent, though I've only seen good things from Chompy, Ziro and Napo.

Kristi 01-14-2008 11:57 PM

Psh to applications. I just look at their current work and make sure they aren't jerks to other people (which rules out 90% of the people that post in the scripting forum \m/)

Twinny 01-15-2008 12:16 AM

Woo for jerks! *trips Kristi into a mud puddle*

Rufus 01-15-2008 03:10 AM

CheeToS is the best GST, he had time to help me with what most find to be too simple to even bother explaining or showing, and he scripted something for Classic for no gain at all, which we all appreciate. Twinny has a similar nature to that too actually.

Inverness 01-23-2008 01:58 AM

The only reason I would want to be GST is for a global RC. While I do enjoy helping others most of the time (ego++) I like doing what I want when I want.

So if you ever have a free global RC to hand out I'll be there for you.

Switch 01-23-2008 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inverness (Post 1371329)
The only reason I would want to be GST is for a global RC. While I do enjoy helping others most of the time (ego++) I like doing what I want when I want.

So if you ever have a free global RC to hand out I'll be there for you.

With that said and done, not likely.
xD