Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Main Forum (English) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Developer Gold Subscription - New Server renting (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76274)

Admins 08-14-2007 12:37 PM

Developer Gold Subscription - New Server renting

The new way for renting playerworld servers is up - see the subscription page at
http://www.graalonline.com/playerworlds/stores/upgrade

This will replace the graal.net system, all existing servers will be switched to the new system in a few weeks.

This is how it works:
You buy a Developer Gold subscription, login to the game with the game client, and you will see the server on the list. For you its on the normal serverlist, other people need to type the name in the server name box. You will gain full rights on your server, and your ip-range will automatically be set to allow your ip and computer. The other things are the same like for graal.net managed servers.

Payment methods:
You can use the same payment methods like for account subscriptions, so it is possible to rent a server with PayByCash now :)

About the Developer guilds (Developer Pack):
Those will be added in a few weeks, they are planned to be around the same price, a developer guild will require 3 members with developer packs, and it will use the same system like the personal servers. The normal Developer Pack will cost around $19 for a half year and $34 for a full year (so if you multiply with 3 it is like the same price for a server).

Codein 08-14-2007 12:48 PM

I love the idea of the Developer Guilds :) It would be more beneficial to me because I just don't have the money to rent a server full price.

zokemon 08-14-2007 01:07 PM

Sounds good! Good job! ^^

Inverness 08-14-2007 03:10 PM

Okay so let me get this strait.

Developer Gold is the same as being the owner of a server on Graal.net and paying for it?

And the Developer Pack is like having 3 owners with the cost split between them?

Crono 08-14-2007 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inverness (Post 1339929)
And the Developer Pack is like having 3 owners with the cost split between them?

I see alot of support tickets with the following titles soon:

MY FRND SCAMMED US
MY FRND DELTD OUR SERVR!!!
MY 2 FRNDS DUN LISTEN TO ME

Twinny 08-14-2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerami (Post 1339933)

MY FRND SCAMMED US

This is why I don't want to enter a partnership... conflicts of interest and debates over the hierarchy of power...not cool. Least you can still get personal servers.

dNeonb 08-14-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerami (Post 1339933)

MY FRND SCAMMED US

IF you don't want that buy one yourself and don't share it with someone. This is our own risk.

Twinny 08-14-2007 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dNeonb (Post 1339949)
IF you don't want that buy one yourself and don't share it with someone. This is our own risk.

Taking paypal donations ^^.

Chompy 08-14-2007 04:37 PM

So.. you can start a server with 2 of your friends cheaper, or buy itself for a higher price? ;O??

I don't get it..

dNeonb 08-14-2007 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chompy (Post 1339952)
So.. you can start a server with 2 of your friends cheaper, or buy itself for a higher price? ;O??

I don't get it..

Yes you can start it alone and with friends but the server itself is teh same price. The price for the server is just split to 3 people so it is less for the single person.

Twinny 08-14-2007 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chompy (Post 1339952)

I don't get it..

Each 'friend' will pay money so it will work out in the end.

Crono 08-14-2007 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dNeonb (Post 1339949)

Who said anything about me? I'm talking about innocent yet ignorant little newbies. I feel sorry for some of them when they get scammed/screwed over. Really. :mad:

Admins 08-14-2007 06:05 PM

The 3-player server will probably also not stay up when there is no player online (will come back when one of the 3 is logging in again), while the personal 1-player servers will stay up, like the current servers.

Twinny 08-14-2007 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1339969)
The 3-player server will probably also not stay up when there is no player online (will come back when one of the 3 is logging in again), while the personal 1-player servers will stay up, like the current servers.

That would suck alot for enthusiastic workers :frown:

Crow 08-14-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1339969)

You should make it cheaper then?