Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   PlayerWorlds Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Maloria Updates (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134261159)

xXziroXx 11-24-2010 10:34 PM

Maloria Updates

I will use this thread to post updates that we consider worth mentioning. I'd also appreciate any kind of suggestions and criticism. To get started, I'd like to share the latest things we've implemented:

Hotkeys! - http://www.maloria.com/showthread.php?tid=7525

Quote:

You can currently bind items and skills to certain keys. Any key should work, except the default ones assigned in your F3 menu, and keys used for some GUI's on Maloria.

Here's how it works:
  1. Press a key once (don't hold it down)
  2. Ctrl + left click once on an item or skill
  3. Congratulations! You just bound the item/skill if the key wasn't reserved.

Doing the same thing unbinds it, but you can just as easily just bind something else to the same key to overwrite it.

Numbered keys automatically show on the hotbar, at least 1-9. Non-passive skills (Melee, Ranged, Magic, Mining, Crafting etc.) automatically get added on the hotbar if there's an available slot. You can also move around things on the hotbar itself by dragging the icons.

We also changed the constant 5 second regeneration of health and mana. Now you have to actively use a skill, and while you remain in place, you regenerate 10% health/mana every 5 seconds. Makes it a lot less overpowered and ensures regeneration mainly occuring out of combat.

xXziroXx 11-26-2010 01:44 AM

You now regenerate 2% HP/MP passively while not resting instead of not at all.

xXziroXx 01-02-2011 04:45 PM

Hey nice, I forgot to post stuff in this thread, my bad. Anyways, yesterday I contacted Tig about going Classic. He liked what he saw and thought our chances were good, so I asked him to talk to the rest of the PWA about it - so I suppose that means we've now applied for Classic status.

We have a few more things we know we want to get done before that happens, but at least now we're almost there.

Soala 01-02-2011 04:49 PM

Awesome news :D!

xXziroXx 01-02-2011 04:51 PM

Any kind of of suggestions or bug reports would be greatly appreciated at this point.

xAndrewx 01-02-2011 05:43 PM

very well done guys, you deserve it :)

Unkownsoldier 01-02-2011 08:48 PM

This is amazing .

fowlplay4 01-03-2011 12:12 AM

A few small things after my play-through.

1. Cave area was dark, couldn't really make out where the doors were.
2. Make it possible to Accept/Decline Quests with the Keyboard or at least being able to accept and turn in by pressing enter.
3. Maybe update the.. Turn 'quest name' into this guy. text.
4. Do something different with nicknames and levels underneath the baddies and other players. In most cases it just seems unnecessary unless the NPC is attached to a quest or similar.

xXziroXx 01-03-2011 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fowlplay4 (Post 1619833)
4. Do something different with nicknames and levels underneath the baddies and other players. In most cases it just seems unnecessary unless the NPC is attached to a quest or similar.

Care to elaborate on that?

fowlplay4 01-03-2011 01:45 AM

Well it just seems unnecessary to have

Nickname
(Level X)

under nearly every 'live' NPC.

Perhaps behavior like..

If you're on a quest killing blobs, it would show their nickname as a visual cue for players to kill it.

When you enter the room or they become visible to the player, display their nickname then fade it away after a few seconds.

or just a way to toggle it.

xXziroXx 01-03-2011 01:47 AM

I think a way to toggle it would be the best, but at the same time force display it for stuff you need for quests. I'll look into it, cheers.

Fulg0reSama 01-03-2011 04:07 AM

Congratulations to Maloria. I pray it stays around.

StormYs 01-03-2011 04:08 AM

Great news!!

I'll be looking forward for that day.

smirt362 01-03-2011 04:16 AM

Could you make spell icons on the hotbar draggable like the skill icons?

xXziroXx 01-03-2011 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smirt362 (Post 1619909)
Could you make spell icons on the hotbar draggable like the skill icons?

Done. Just a misconfiguration from my part.