Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Future Improvements (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Make the forums free for registered accounts. (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77048)

Rufus 10-05-2007 08:42 PM

Make the forums free for registered accounts.

It might have worked in 2001 to restrict the forum access, but with the current gold servers not being as popular as Graal2001, the forum is pretty much dying. It's pretty odd to believe that profit will rise due to the forums being a part of the package, but how is this a benefit at all in the state that the forum is in?

With the new Graal3d job offers, it is also foolish to restrict this to people who only have gold, because there's a lot of talent around who are not going to upgrade, to post on these forums, to do Graal a favor.

It's just stupid.

xXziroXx 10-05-2007 08:47 PM

I couldnt agree more. The forum have become a dull and boring place, with far too few people posting.

Not only would the forum become a more active place if all registered accounts got access, but you would also get more feedback about Graal. You want that, dont you? How else are you going to be able to improve the game? You're not making the game only for us that keep renewing our subscriptions, are you?

Because we're a huge minority.

napo_p2p 10-05-2007 09:42 PM

I approve!

*stamp*

Crow 10-05-2007 09:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 42987

Switch 10-05-2007 11:35 PM

I agree.

They took away unlimited Classic (unless you've already got it) from Gold players, so they will still get a profit and the forums will become more popular.

PrinceOfKenshin 10-06-2007 04:53 AM

I agree!

Inverness 10-06-2007 05:49 AM

Inverness approves verily.

unixmad 10-06-2007 06:50 AM

I have a better idea, let's make everything free and we will have more player ! Can't find the drawback ? Hummm....

Angel_Light 10-06-2007 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unixmad (Post 1351242)
I have a better idea, let's make everything free and we will have more player ! Can't find the drawback ? Hummm....

What are the drawbacks to a free forums?

kia345 10-06-2007 06:59 AM

Quote:

Graal would survive without these forums.

What's the point of not giving everyone access? Because they're not paying then they're not part of the community?

Why do you want us to pay for every benefit, no matter how minor? It's not like we're asking for free access to every server and be able to make playerworlds free, we're just asking to be able to use the forums.

Inverness 10-06-2007 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kia345 (Post 1351247)
Graal would survive without these forums.

What's the point of not giving everyone access? Because they're not paying then they're not part of the community?

Why do you want us to pay for every benefit, no matter how minor? It's not like we're asking for free access to every server and be able to make playerworlds free, we're just asking to be able to use the forums.

My thoughts exactly. Nobody considers "How cool are the forums?" when they're buying a game, and it would be silly if they did.

smirt362 10-06-2007 07:28 AM

Quote:

Is it good business to be a jerk to your customers?

xXziroXx 10-06-2007 07:34 AM

Quote:

Unixmad, really, mind answering a question for us? I mean, we DO pay you for being here - that's the least we can ask, isnt it?

How much profit does forcing players to not only pay for the game, but also having to pay extra for the game's official forums really bring in?

DustyPorViva 10-06-2007 07:40 AM

Who wants to pay for dead forums?
I used to enjoy browsing the forums before this change went back in, now I barely frequent them because I can go a whole day without visiting them and only come back to 10 or so new posts, all of which aren't really that interesting. Not much to really do here anymore, so I barely come around.

Inverness 10-06-2007 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DustyPorViva (Post 1351255)
Who wants to pay for dead forums?
I used to enjoy browsing the forums before this change went back in, now I barely frequent them because I can go a whole day without visiting them and only come back to 10 or so new posts, all of which aren't really that interesting. Not much to really do here anymore, so I barely come around.

A valid point. The forums have been too quiet for my liking.