Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Kingdoms (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   New fun way for players to Roleplay!! (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71363)

myth-simba 01-10-2007 08:59 PM

New fun way for players to Roleplay!!

I'm back by the way :)

Anyways this is NOT an roleplaying lesson or an idea pending staff. This is a system i have thought of myself. Roleplaying on graal kingdoms can seem it does not make sense at all and players who actually try to Rp well can still muck things up.

I have made up 3 commands which you use in the form of brackets surrounding your action to tell fellow players what type of action it is you are doing.

Bracket 1 (( )) We all use these, they are unchanged. These are free action brackets. Basically actions like sword slashing, kissing and ect can be blocked if another player types an action inside to do so.

Bracket 2 :: :: These brackets are unblockable actions. Say for example you Rp as a powerful wizard. If you freeze somebody or knock them unconcious they must comply and cannot say 'spell fails' as a powerful wizard would not fail. You will remain in manipulation of the rper's action until he stops it, however... you cannot kill off players or repeatedly stop players rping with this!

Bracket 3 { } Instructions! instruct fellow rpers in situations. Say if you are fighting for example and you can only die one way or only vunrable at a certain time, instruct these people when to strike and so on.

Following these simply commands would turn rp into a little mini play. Maybe you'll even have spectators who knows. It would make rp a lot more fun.

I'm not forcing you to adopt these its just it makes it more fun for everyone if you do. Main reason i pointed this little system out was for my upcoming Rp event i'll be hosting sometime.

Thanks for your time everyone.

cyan3 01-10-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myth-simba (Post 1263391)
Bracket 1 (( )) We all use these, they are unchanged. These are free action brackets. Basically actions like sword slashing, kissing and ect can be blocked if another player types an action inside to do so.

Chris you might want to note that (( )) are OOC bracket and actions are * *.

Googi 01-10-2007 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myth-simba (Post 1263391)
Bracket 2 :: :: These brackets are unblockable actions. Say for example you Rp as a powerful wizard. If you freeze somebody or knock them unconcious they must comply and cannot say 'spell fails' as a powerful wizard would not fail. You will remain in manipulation of the rper's action until he stops it, however... you cannot kill off players or repeatedly stop players rping with this!

Outside of a few grandstanders/elitists, (who maybe do this occasionally. Maybe. Occasionally.) nobody does things this way. Stop trying to turn 2K2 into Valikorlia: Gold Edition.

Crow 01-10-2007 09:49 PM

I hate your ideas, so I wont even read this thread and just make a spam post :spam:

Darklux 01-10-2007 09:50 PM

I advice against roleplay on graal kingdoms.
The only effect it can have, is fun, and this fun is often ruined by people who say like: "Omg lol haha teh coo' rprz in bomboria, laugh at dem!"

Its hard to ignore, because it completely ruins the atmosphere.

jonnyrocks2 01-10-2007 10:29 PM

Damn it Myth...You're dropping another set of Rep for that fail idea. -_-'

Darklux 01-10-2007 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyrocks2 (Post 1263426)
Damn it Myth...You're dropping another set of Rep for that fail idea. -_-'

RP is usually a good idea, but real rp is impossible on gk.
:D

myth-simba 01-11-2007 12:42 AM

xD

okay i'll shut up then lol.

MasterNuke 01-11-2007 02:57 AM

*smacks Chris with a foam cowboy hat*

Terrible idea to force a specific RPing style.

Draenin 01-11-2007 04:39 AM

I see nothing wrong with acting in character, but I see a lot wrong with acting in character and then formatting your own behavior.

4jordan4 01-11-2007 07:20 AM

lol..?

Ravenblade1979 01-11-2007 04:18 PM

People rp all the time just that you need to be around them and not the ppl who laugh and ruin it for other ppl. all the kingdoms do it. mmt does it. i sometimes hold a rp event. although i lost my spark for doing it. thank you ppl who said it was a waste. i say to them. GOTO ZONE AND KILL. GK is a rp server with pking abilities. Zone is for killing only. Go there and leave us rpers alone.

Draenin 01-11-2007 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979
People rp all the time just that you need to be around them and not the ppl who laugh and ruin it for other ppl. all the kingdoms do it. mmt does it. i sometimes hold a rp event. although i lost my spark for doing it. thank you ppl who said it was a waste. i say to them. GOTO ZONE AND KILL. GK is a rp server with pking abilities. Zone is for killing only. Go there and leave us rpers alone.

Only a few roleplay on kingdoms. You can't exactly shut out the people who just want to play the game. Also, it's a large overstatement to say all kingdoms do it.

Ravenblade1979 01-11-2007 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draenin (Post 1263700)
Only a few roleplay on kingdoms. You can't exactly shut out the people who just want to play the game. Also, it's a large overstatement to say all kingdoms do it.

I never see you on Drae. never. during the day (my time zone) there are rpers on there.

cyan3 01-11-2007 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 (Post 1263736)
I never see you on Drae. never. during the day (my time zone) there are rpers on there.

that is true but Draenin still has a point.