Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Main Forum (English) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Graal, sponsored by My Chemical Romance. (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72016)

Rufus 02-07-2007 02:43 AM

Graal, sponsored by My Chemical Romance.

I keep noticing a lot of guests looking at a misinformed thread I made a while back, "My Chemical Romance have split." and wondered why the hell people keep looking at it. I decided to type into Google "My Chemical Romance split" and to my supprise, the third result on the page is:

My Chemical Romance have split. [Archive] - Graal Communication ...
[Archive] My Chemical Romance have split. Non-Graal-related threads.
forums.graalonline.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-62178.html - 15k - Cached - Similar pages

Hmm, now I see at least 4 guests viewing that page per day, so I'd like to make an apology.. I'm sorry for increasing UN's population :frown:

Unintentional advertising ftw!

Rapidwolve 02-07-2007 02:57 AM

Maybe no one really searches for it o_O so thats why its so ranked on google z.z

Rufus 02-07-2007 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapidwolve (Post 1274321)
Maybe no one really searches for it o_O so thats why its so ranked on google z.z

We get a fair few amount of guests looking at the thread per day x_x I have no idea why it is ranked so high.

Chris 02-07-2007 03:00 AM

what the ****

Demisis_P2P 02-07-2007 03:11 AM

I wish I had the magic power to turn things that people say on the internet into the truth.
"MRC broke up"
"15/f/ca"
".........my mom is dead, jerk"

Devil 02-07-2007 03:15 AM

I doubt they're going to join up.

Rufus 02-07-2007 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devil (Post 1274331)
I doubt they're going to join up.

You never know.

Actually, you're right. There are no links on the forums to the actual main Graal site, nor is there any visuals, or anything so basically this just looks like a general forum, or even a fan one. If people stumble across something I doubt they're going to research into it, especially if it has no relation to the original object they were searching for.

Hmm, maybe something needs to be more eyecatching on the forums, or maybe they should represent the game more, as forum links do seem to be more widespread on search engines. I know I found Graal linked to the main page, maybe that is why I hung around.

Devil 02-07-2007 03:52 AM

Hey, we might get a couple of players out of it eventually.. but not many that's for sure.

zell12 02-07-2007 03:59 AM

Just crawlers/bots searching the forums. It's probably the only popular "topic" on the forums.

There are ways to block certian things from the bots, its a file on the webserver. robots.txt or something I can't remember.

Devil 02-07-2007 04:04 AM

Yeah Ibonic said that there were alot of fake people viewing the forums. Bots etc..

Googi 02-07-2007 04:06 AM

A thread of mine is the first thing that comes up when you search "Googi Boyma" so I guess I'm sponsoring Graal too.

Rufus 02-07-2007 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Googi (Post 1274363)
A thread of mine is the first thing that comes up when you search "Googi Boyma" so I guess I'm sponsoring Graal too.

I'm not sure how many searches that may rake in, but I guess you are! ^^

Lord Sephiroth 02-07-2007 06:08 PM

Forget paying for advertisement, we all know what to do! Go the NGRT and start making threads with Popular Band Names in the title!

The future of Graal depends on it!

Infernix 02-07-2007 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Sephiroth (Post 1274557)
Forget paying for advertisement, we all know what to do! Go the NGRT and start making threads with Popular Band Names in the title!

The future of Graal depends on it!

Like some hardcore pr0n titles or something? You'll eventually get every nerd on the internet to pay attention.

Tyhm 02-08-2007 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1274349)
You never know.

Actually, you're right. There are no links on the forums to the actual main Graal site, nor is there any visuals, or anything so basically this just looks like a general forum, or even a fan one. If people stumble across something I doubt they're going to research into it, especially if it has no relation to the original object they were searching for.

Hmm, maybe something needs to be more eyecatching on the forums, or maybe they should represent the game more, as forum links do seem to be more widespread on search engines. I know I found Graal linked to the main page, maybe that is why I hung around.

's a [drat] good point.

GCC SHOULD HAVE AN ADBANNER FOR GRAAL!