Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Era Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Drastic Playercount Drop (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134260531)

Zeross 09-13-2010 10:32 PM

Drastic Playercount Drop

Woah, Era's extra boring these days.
What happened to the playercount?
Everything looks so grim and slow.

Supaman771 09-13-2010 10:53 PM

Well for starters 30 of the average players are staff or RCs, what you see as 80 is really 50.
Then you remove the 5-10 random trials/guests with no clue how to play, 40.
Take care of the 10-20 people idling or working in a business/mine or w.e, 20.
Active people randomly banned (Ie. Wil and myself) 5, 15.
Not discussing ban, using for pure statistical purposes.
Then those 15 are spread out between events, raids, jobs, talking, and w.e else you guys do on Era.

While before the breakdown was more like... 5 staff/RCs, 75.
5-10 random trials is a given, 65.
Chris/Exolia dragged around or abused you if you idled >_<, so just 5-10 for working in businesses/idling, 55.
Thats 4x the active playercount if you do the simple math, gg.

That's if they both start with the same amount of players, so it's not a drop in players per say, it's a drop in players actually playing. And given the fact that we had more updates with the 5 staff/RCs (Minus the best update of the year: Teddy Bear!!) AND more active -players-, I think something needs to seriously change.

Tim_Rocks 09-13-2010 10:57 PM

Well, the answer to that is actually very simple. Most of the players are either back in school, college or have a job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supaman771 (Post 1600585)
Well for starters 30 of the average players are staff or RCs, what you see as 80 is really 50.
Then you remove the 5-10 random trials/guests with no clue how to play, 40.
Take care of the 10-20 people idling or working in a business/mine or w.e, 20.

Mostly this though.
Quote:

best update of the year: Teddy Bear!!
Yes, it's hilarious.

//Edit: First Post Nice!

Seeya 09-13-2010 10:57 PM

So, I was going to reply by quoting TSA's post where he announced he fired Chris...

but he deleted the thread for "no longer relevant" :fro:

Supaman771 09-13-2010 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks (Post 1600587)
Well, the answer to that is actually very simple. Most of the players are either back in school, college or have a job.

Yes, it's hilarious.

Yea I was going to mention school too in my post but I instead made both examples have the same player count, and its a pretty accurate example imo.

Yea I know right? I wish I could hug mine till it broke again:cry:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeya (Post 1600588)
So, I was going to reply by quoting TSA's post where he announced he fired Chris...

but he deleted the thread for "no longer relevant" :fro:

Lol, gg.

jkldogg 09-13-2010 11:05 PM

nothing new happens..the only thing i ever really do on era is trading, running gun point, and talking to people.

sometimes raid era mafia, but that's about it

MontyPython 09-13-2010 11:19 PM

I have a special place in my heart for people who act like lack of interest and engagement in Era is some sort of new development.

Idling's been the only thing worth doing for years.

Blaming this on some recent staff change is a popular one for people who are dense/in denial. No manager has finished their "big change" plans and released them for some time now. They always get replaced before they can finish them, then the next manager scraps at least half and the cycle begins all over again. And that's what Era would need to really be brought back to life: Drastic, drastic change. Even then, I have strong doubts that anything would take off.

Graal's final breaths (in my opinion) reside on platforms like iPhone where expectations are low and it's a fun diversion when you're not near a console/decent PC.

jkldogg 09-13-2010 11:55 PM

100% agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by MontyPython (Post 1600592)
I have a special place in my heart for people who act like lack of interest and engagement in Era is some sort of new development.

Idling's been the only thing worth doing for years.

Blaming this on some recent staff change is a popular one for people who are dense/in denial. No manager has finished their "big change" plans and released them for some time now. They always get replaced before they can finish them, then the next manager scraps at least half and the cycle begins all over again. And that's what Era would need to really be brought back to life: Drastic, drastic change. Even then, I have strong doubts that anything would take off.

Graal's final breaths (in my opinion) reside on platforms like iPhone where expectations are low and it's a fun diversion when you're not near a console/decent PC.

+ rep ^^

Crono 09-14-2010 12:30 AM

all ur players are belong to zodiac

salesman 09-14-2010 12:37 AM

i blame whoever nerfed claymores

scooter123 09-14-2010 12:43 AM

Era is old now, not worth playing, they have to replace it :(

RogueShatterblade 09-14-2010 01:01 AM

we all grew up.
pretty simple explanation.

kids have better **** to play now that costs less.

Crono 09-14-2010 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogueShatterblade (Post 1600623)
we all grew up.
pretty simple explanation.

kids have better **** to play now that costs less.

quite tru

RogueShatterblade 09-14-2010 01:07 AM

stfu ur lyk 15

Crono 09-14-2010 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogueShatterblade (Post 1600626)
stfu ur lyk 15

u r

also 2day is my bday post happy bday :(