Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bomy Island Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   What will Bomy Island will be like? (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81232)

Oinkness 08-15-2008 12:46 AM

What will Bomy Island will be like?

Hi there. Forgive me for asking as I see you like your forum to be somewhat empty, but I remember playing Graal2001... I actually originally upgraded to play Graal2001 back in 2001. It went through a lot of phases and of course evolutions as new technology and areas were introduced with new developers.

My real question for you is, what, if anything, from the original Graal2001 will be left intact? And what new developments, or upgrades, have been introduced if it is safe to ask this early? :noob:

maximus_asinus 08-15-2008 12:50 AM

It looks quite similar. Unfortunately nobody will ever see it because by the time they're finished so will Graal Online.

Rufus 08-15-2008 01:00 AM

Various threads around explaining. This thread should answer the most of your questions. If you've got any more questions however, feel free to ask.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximus_asinus (Post 1414434)
Unfortunately nobody will ever see it because by the time they're finished so will Graal Online.

Aye you're probably right, especially with the size of the overworld and the complete lack of talented LAT around who can work in a similar style. We're getting closer than most revivials do though.

BigBear3 08-15-2008 01:12 AM

People need to quit complaining about how long Bomy Island is taking. It is taking time for a reason. Rufus and everyone are doing the best they can. Complaining does nothing but make it harder on him and the other Devs. Idiots.

maximus_asinus 08-15-2008 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBear3 (Post 1414437)
People need to quit complaining about how long Bomy Island is taking. It is taking time for a reason. Rufus and everyone are doing the best they can. Complaining does nothing but make it harder on him and the other Devs. Idiots.

In this case we have a legitimate reason to complain. How long has this team been working on Bomy Moon? 2 years?

Rufus 08-15-2008 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximus_asinus (Post 1414442)
In this case we have a legitimate reason to complain. How long has this team been working on Bomy Moon? 2 years?

This team has been working for the last 6 months.

DustyPorViva 08-15-2008 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximus_asinus (Post 1414442)

Koni was heading the BI revival for a long time... then he just disappeared because of school and such and it BI just kind of went dormant. Only recently has anyone decided to take his work and do something with it.

maximus_asinus 08-15-2008 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1414444)
This team has been working for the last 6 months.

I might have been exaggerating when I said two years but it has certainly been more than one. I haven't touched Graal since around Christmas and you guys were working on it for awhile even then.

pooper200000 08-15-2008 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rufus (Post 1414436)
Various threads around explaining. This thread should answer the most of your questions. If you've got any more questions however, feel free to ask.
Aye you're probably right, especially with the size of the overworld and the complete lack of talented LAT around who can work in a similar style. We're getting closer than most revivials do though.

I never really paid attention to the first Bomy Island, but what were some of the characteristics of game play, all I knew were there were different creatures called Bomys. :p
If you don't really feel like telling me, are there any threads that accurately describe the game play?

Rufus 08-15-2008 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximus_asinus (Post 1414446)
I might have been exaggerating when I said two years but it has certainly been more than one. I haven't touched Graal since around Christmas and you guys were working on it for awhile even then.

I originally applied for LAT, I never wanted to head the project but as Konidias' disappearence was covered up it was apparent when I was LAT that somebody needed to. When "Lyndzey" came back, I thought if she stayed around she'd be a good person for the job, but apparently not as our resident scripter Dan decided to demand the server back, and when he did he turned it into his own private test server. Development resumed 6 months ago, and things were rescripted and remade.

Crono 08-15-2008 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximus_asinus (Post 1414446)

Progress has been slow because there is an extreme lack of competent developers. Since around october I have been the only "permanent" LAT and I work slow. Our team mostly consisted of Rufus, Dan, and myself, with Dusty making graphical contributions on both the BI project and Graalmypics.

From April first until late May I was off the internet due to my exams.

Sometime in July we put Bomy Island on hold and begun working on the Graalympics. In the middle of this Dan decided to attempt a complete takeover, removing Rufus, Dusty, and myself. This pushed back the Graalympics progress and was a setback for BI as we don't have a scripter anymore.

You can't expect a few people to be able to develop a high-quality server like Bomy Island in less than half a years time.

farte6 08-15-2008 03:43 AM

So mainly in the last 6months to a year since Koni disappearance there has been no development at all. Or at least no development that has really taken it to the next step/worth mentioning.

Koni was my last hope on graal development.

R.I.P My Hopes.

Crono 08-15-2008 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farte6 (Post 1414488)
So mainly in the last 6months to a year since Koni disappearance there has been no development at all. Or at least no development that has really taken it to the next step/worth mentioning.

You're wrong.

DustyPorViva 08-15-2008 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farte6 (Post 1414488)

Koni was my last hope on graal development.

R.I.P My Hopes.

-_-

Oinkness 08-15-2008 05:38 AM

I'm sorry, I didn't intend for this thread to get out of hand or anything... and I didn't think to search from months ago threads. I was hoping for some modern information. I wasn't here in the time that konidias took the helm... I wouldn't think people would put him in charge of something so important after the whole Oasis thing... :D

From the sound of it, the same kind of thing happened.. disappearance and then stopped. It's great to hear you guys are working on it... but how exactly are you changing the levels? Did you scrap the old overworld to completely start on a new one or what?