Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bomy Island Main Forum (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Request: Improve Bomy Movement (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64274)

maximus_asinus 02-22-2006 01:59 AM

Request: Improve Bomy Movement

I noticed another bomy related thread, but a seperate thread concerning this should be made so Lance will see it. As we all know, bomys don't have diagnal movement, and to me this is quite annoying. It has been several years with bomys, and I would have expected that it would have been added during the year when the server was down for development.

So basically I am asking if bomys will be improved in the future to include diagnal movement, it would be much appreciated.

haunter 02-22-2006 04:07 AM

It's not that diagonal movement hasn't been added... It's that there's been a choicen to allow bomys to move diagonally. It has to do with balance in combat.

maximus_asinus 02-22-2006 05:56 PM

I think that is quite a poor trade off, how is that fair? Restrict movement to balance combat? That isn't the only part of the game you know. I'd rather see something else changed then to have poor movement.

Androk2 02-22-2006 06:11 PM

Bomies move x5 times faster on water. Graal 2001 has alot of water, use it to your advantage.

haunter 02-22-2006 07:56 PM

Bomies also attack faster if I'm not mistaken.

ApothiX 02-22-2006 08:36 PM

And they seem to attack harder (than humans with fists) and have more HP. If you don't like not having diagonal-movement, switch to human. I, for one, am a Bomy and I think that diagonal-movement shouldn't be added because as it was mentioned, it helps balance things out.

kojicolnair 02-22-2006 08:39 PM

yeah you cant expect bomys to get everything, its very apparent that bomys are stronger hitters than human and they start with more hp AND are fast over water, what more could they need =D

Warcaptain 02-22-2006 11:10 PM

they move faster on water but you cant attack on water.

having legs period generally means you can move diagonally.. so it really doesnt make sense that they cant.

Brad 02-23-2006 02:13 AM

it balances out combat, seriously

when I was a bomy I could own almost any human

their attacks are so damn fast and you can hit like 2-3 times at once if you're good enough

maximus_asinus 02-23-2006 05:25 AM

I'd rather see a decrease in rate of attack and attack strength and add diagnal movement. It makes more sense to have free movement and balancing the attack power.

konidias 02-23-2006 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warcaptain
they move faster on water but you cant attack on water.

having legs period generally means you can move diagonally.. so it really doesnt make sense that they cant.

Crabs walk sideways.

Owned.

ApothiX 02-23-2006 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximus_asinus
I'd rather see a decrease in rate of attack and attack strength and add diagnal movement. It makes more sense to have free movement and balancing the attack power.

If they did that, there wouldn't be much difference between being a bomy or human. You might aswell just switch to human if that's how you feel x_x