Graal Forums

Graal Forums (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graal Main Forum (English) (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mean people. (https://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134257132)

Cubes 11-30-2009 08:58 PM

Mean people.

I think the mean, vulgar, stuck up and racist comments that people make is what keeps Graal alive and compels people to log on each day for a laugh or just to argue. Discuss.

Darlene159 11-30-2009 09:11 PM

I sure hope not, but I'm sure that is true for some, even though the Graal rules forbid most of what you said.

Felix_Xenophobe 11-30-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cubes (Post 1541439)
I think the mean, vulgar, stuck up and racist comments that people make is what keeps Graal alive and compels people to log on each day for a laugh or just to argue. Discuss.

Pretty much what keeps this game alive.

Cubes 11-30-2009 09:21 PM

Honestly, it's what makes me log on. Just to listen to the foul things people have to say.

Soala 11-30-2009 09:47 PM

It's true for some servers, but I've never seen this happen on servers like UN for exemple.
Only funny jokes without insults, nothing else. Even the victim laugh.
But I do recall free insults on Era or Zodiac.

Felix_Xenophobe 11-30-2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexandralove (Post 1541449)
It's true for some servers, but I've never seen this happen on servers like UN for exemple.
Only funny jokes without insults, nothing else. Even the victim laugh.
But I do recall free insults on Era or Zodiac.

It happens on UN all the time wtf at least when I'm there.

Cubes 11-30-2009 09:59 PM

He must get on when they have a player count of like 4 and it's only people idling on RC.

Tigairius 11-30-2009 11:13 PM

Going to have to disagree here. I think those people are the people who keep the other rude, mean people on the game. The nice people don't stay for those people, in fact, the nice people are driven away by these people.

BigBear3 11-30-2009 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigairius (Post 1541477)
Going to have to disagree here. I think those people are the people who keep the other rude, mean people on the game. The nice people don't stay for those people, in fact, the nice people are driven away by these people.

I'm going to agree with Tig here. I tend to only stick around on GK and I don't really have a problem with anyone on there. I'm nice to people. Especially my Zormite crew.

cbk1994 11-30-2009 11:40 PM

It depends. It's not the "mean people" who are keeping Graal alive, but no one can admit to not laughing at some of the things the "mean people" do. Graal isn't surviving off them, but it wouldn't be the same without them, either, I guess (imagine the internet without 4chan).

Switch 11-30-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexandralove (Post 1541449)

Yeah people get scared of the fearsome GP.
I, on the other hand, have been warned numerous times and jailed a few times for it. Mostly by Shimmy, he hates my guts.
And Streety told me I was going to be in a lot of trouble soon. ^^

Crono 12-01-2009 12:10 AM

Disagree with all. No server has a large number of players dedicated to racist trolling, it's just that your brain tends to remember these instances more than the normal, nicer players. However, any attempt to try to turn Graal's community into a carebear daycare will be met with failure.

Hiro 12-01-2009 12:29 AM

frankly, the core community of graal's player base is most definitely mean because sparring is a competitive game with skill involved (in non-laggy sparring anyways) and people's egos are very centralized on graal - you have a specific look, guild, family, creations, etc. so groups will be at odds with each other, which leads to meanness. course on the developing side, that's a much more "council" like setting where it's less competitive in the sense of beating someone; it's more artsy and you don't use a sword

both are required, though i'd say the "mean" core players of graal are more significantly important

Rufus 12-01-2009 12:40 AM

There's a difference between being "mean" and having competitive banter.

Hiro 12-01-2009 12:46 AM

i agree, and graal most certainty is not only full of "friendly" competitive **** talking, that's only the fuel for the fire

with less people nowadays i suppose the "mean" aspect has grown older with players making it happen less often, but it most definitely happens